E-flite Stearman PT-17 15e ARF
Introduced as a primary trainer for the U.S. Army Air Corps in the days leading up to WWII, the Stearman PT-17’s robust construction and good-natured flying manners endeared it to thousands of pilots throughout the war years and beyond. Its sheer numbers (over 10,000 built, by some estimates) and numerous post-war roles, from crop duster to air show star, have made it one of the most recognizable biplanes among the general public to this day.
E-flite has expertly re-created the rugged good looks and benign flight behavior of the full-scale Stearman with this easy-to-assemble 15-size model that is a joy to fly. It comes out of the box constructed of balsa and light plywood and covered in an authentic early-WWII UtlraCote® trim scheme. Other scale touches include a painted fiberglass cowl, painted fiberglass landing gear fairings, and a great-looking 9-cylinder dummy radial engine. Assembly is remarkably simple thanks to the plug-in wings and bolt-on interplane struts. E-flite’s even included specially designed jigs that allow you to keep the upper and lower wing halves connected for easier transport and storage.
In the air the Stearman PT-17 15e’s flat-bottom airfoils and light wing loading translate into exceptionally scale-like flight characteristics that everyone from intermediate to advanced pilots will instantly fall in love with.
- Can be assembled and flight ready in just a few evenings
- Large magnetic hatch for easy access to electronics
- Plug-in wings speed assembly
- Includes wing jig for easy transport and storage
- Realistic 9-cylinder dummy radial engine
- Painted fiberglass landing gear fairings
- Authentic pre-WWII UltraCote® trim scheme
- Painted fiberglass cowl
- Wingspan: 44.0 in (1120mm)
- Overall Length: 35.0 in (890mm)
- Wing Area: 608 sq in (37.5 sq dm)
- Flying Weight: 3.5–3.8 lb (1.5–1.7 kg)
- Motor Size: Power 15
- Radio: 4-channel
- Servos: JR SPORT MN48 (2)(JSP20040) and JR SPORT MC35 (2)(JSP20030)
- Trim Scheme Colors: HANU875 Sky Blue, HANU872 Bright Yellow
- Prop Size: APC 12x6E electric prop
- Hardware Included: yes
- Speed Control : 40-Amp Pro Brushless ESC (EFLA1040)
- Recommended Battery: 3200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery EFLB32003S
- Approx. Flying Duration: 12–15 minutes
- Scale: yes
- Approx. Assembly Time: 6–8 hours
This product was added to our catalog on August 13, 2009.