E-flite P-51D Mustang Plug-N-Play Electric Airplane
This is the E-flite P-51D Mustang Plug-N-Play Basic Electric Airplane. The E-flite P-51D Mustang brings the ultimate warbird experience to your local park. Electric retracts and functional flaps are already installed so you can experience a well-equipped warbird right away. Every angle of the airframe is saturated with extensive detail thatís built upon the most accurate outline possible. Lightweight Z-Foam construction is combined with composite reinforcement so that flight performance is as forgiving as it is thrilling. Besides its authentic color scheme, the bounty of features included on this Mustang allow this thoroughbred outrun all others. Thatís because every feature has been hand-selected by Horizon Hobby experts whose ultimate priority is to deliver a great flying warbird.
As a value packed Plug-N-Play you can enjoy air superiority very quickly. Final assembly is minimal once you choose your favorite full-range, 6-channel radio, a recommended 2200mAh 11.1V 3S 25C Li-Po battery and a compatible Li-Po balance charger. If the most outstanding warbird experience in the park is your mission, be sure to choose the recommended Spektrumô 6-Channel AS3Xģ Sport receiver-sold separately.
- Electric Retracts: The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction with covers over the steel struts that enhance the scale appearance along with the outer gear doors.
- Functional Flaps: The light wing loading of this Mustang, plus operational flaps, gives this warbird a significantly greater flight envelope with the ability to takeoff in shorter distances and land more slowly.
- 4-Blade Propeller: The specially engineered 4-blade propeller delivers an appearance on the flight line thatís just as impressive as its performance in the air.
- Authentic Appearance: Durable Z-Foamô construction provides the ability to replicate complex airframe detail with greater accuracy.
Wingspan: 44.0 in (1120mm)
Overall Length: 38.4 in (975mm)
Wing Area: 334 sq in (21.5 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 42.8 oz (1214 g)
Motor Size: 15-size brushless outrunner, 950Kv (installed)
Radio: 6 channels minimum
Prop Size: 9.8x6 (4 blade) or 10.75 x 8 (2 blade)
Speed Control: 30-amp BL ESC (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh 3S 25C LiPo (required)
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed to Complete:
- 6+ channel DSM2- or DSMX compatible transmitter & receiver radio system
- 11.1V 3S 2200mAh LiPo 25C flight battery
- Charger for flight battery
This product was added to our catalog on September 23, 2014.