Eagle Tree Systems Optical RPM Sensor
Eagle Tree Systems
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
This item is eligible for $1.99 flat rate shipping Learn More
This item earns up to 15 VIP Reward Points Learn More
This is the Eagle Tree Systems Optical RPM Sensor. This Optical Sensor works with your data logger to measure RPM via reflected infrared light, without the need for installing magnets. The sensor contains an IR light source, and an IR detector.
- Compatible with both eLogger and Data Recorder.
- The Optical RPM sensor should be installed so that its face (the flat part opposite the wiring) is facing a spinning surface in your model, such as the prop hub, flywheel, spinner, axle, gear, etc.
- Best results will be obtained if the spinning object is solid, with alternating light and dark colors. This is because the Optical sensor has a built in light source, which needs a solid object to reflect off of. So, we do not recommend just pointing the sensor at a propeller, which of course is not solid.
- This 3-wire version of the optical rpm sensor sensor is compatible with the eLogger V4, V3 and the V2. The eLogger V2 has the large white letters "V2" (or "U2") on the bottom of the circuit board, near the RPM/Temp pins.
- Cannot be used as a secondary RPM with Pro Data Recorders! Will only function as a primary RPM sensor.
This product was added to our catalog on August 26, 2014.