The Duratrax Pit Tech Deluxe Truck Stand is ideal for larger 1/8 scale vehicles and monster trucks. The Deluxe Truck Stand holds models up off the workbench or pit area surface for easier access, while also taking up minimal space. The top plate rotates, while the parts tray in the base keeps tools and accessories handy and organized.
- Made of sturdy, high-impact polystyrene with aluminum center post
- Wide, reinforced base and tall center post make this stand ideal for monster trucks and 1/8 scale buggies and truggies
- Rotating top plate features a dropped center section to accommodate models with uneven chassis
- Molded rubber inserts in the upper plate grip chassis securely
- Easily accessible extra-large parts tray
- Can be disassembled to store flat when not in use or to take to the track
These stands work well are sturdy and collapse for easy packing in your bag or toolbox. I don't think I've ever used the parts tray located on the base as its not in a convenient location ...I just prefer to have my tools to the side of my car usually closer to where I keep my hands.
The product itself: GREAT !! Impressive product. Large. Super strong. I love it.
Now, what I did that works great at holding all my cars solid was this:
At Home Depot, bought 3/4" foam for cold and hot plumbing tubing. I cut a length to 6". Then cut that along its 6" length in half. So y oi u end up with 2 -6" sections of 3/4" insulation foam. I taped 'em down with Gorilla double stick tape PERPINDICULAR to the cut-away in rotating top platform.
Now this provides superior support. Solid. And because its foam, it compresses where it needs to, doesn't where it doesn't need to. Super Solid support on ALL my RC's. Cheap fix.
5 stars for the workstation. Collapsible. Parts tray. Love it. Used plastic friendly grease so it turns super easy. One of my 1/10 toyota truck weighs 7 1/2lbs. With foam....super stable.!!!!!!!!