This is the DuraTrax Element 1/10 Scale Brushless Combo. The Element 3900kV Brushless System was developed specifically for use with lightweight 1/10 scale 2WD off-road vehicles, including buggies, trucks and short course trucks. The programmable ESC and powerful 4-pole motor are made by Castle Creations and are easily mounted; after installation a simple throttle setup is all that is required to get going! The 4-pole, 3900kV sensorless brushless motor delivers more torque with greater efficiency, to meet the demands of today's high performance off-road vehicles.
ESC Programmable Features*:
- Brake/Reverse Type: sets whether reverse is enabled or not, and how it is accessed.
- Brake Amount: sets what percentage of available braking power is applied with full brake.
- Reverse Amount: sets how much power will be applied in reverse, if reverse is enabled.
- Punch/Traction Control: designed to smooth high power starts and limit punch when you don't want 100% battery power in every situation. The lower the setting the less throttle change limiting there is; for softer acceleration or for running on low-grip surfaces, raise it to a higher setting.
- Drag Brake: sets the amount of brake applied automatically at neutral throttle to simulate the slight braking effect of a neutral brushed motor while coasting.
- Dead Band: lets you adjust the throttle sensitivity width at neutral. Smaller values make the controller enter forward or brake/reverse with a smaller movement of the throttle trigger for finer control.
- Cut-Off Voltage: sets the voltage at which the ESC removes power from the motor in order to maintain the battery at a safe minimum voltage (LiPo), or to keep the radio system working reliably (NiCd/NiMH).
- Motor Timing: allows for lowering or raising the timing advance to the motor to reduce or increase amp draw, run time, motor/battery temperature and top speed and punch.
ESC can be programmed manually, with the Castle Field Programming Card
or through the Castle Link
2S-3S LiPo (7.4V-11.1V); 6-10 NiCd/NiMH (7.2V-12V)
3A @ 2S input
up to 100A
2 oz (56.5 g)
13AWG 5.3 in (135 mm), including female bullet connectors
13AWG 4.72 in (120 mm), with DeansŪ Ultra PlugŪ
11.0 in (280 mm), with Universal radio connector
on 2S/4200kV Max; on 3S/2800kV Max
low voltage cutoff, thermal protection
6.54 oz (185.4 g)
0.125 in (3.175 mm)
13AWG Silicone, 6.89 in (175 mm)
4mm Male bullet connectors
This product was added to our catalog on August 2, 2011