DJI Wookong WK-H Helicopter Auto Pilot System w/Compass & GPS Module
This is the DJI Wookong WK-H Helicopter Auto Pilot System, with included Compass and GPS Module. The WK-H is the flight system designed for serious scale helicopter enthusiasts providing GPS for self-leveling, position hold, speed control and built-in tail gyro which completely takes the stress out of flying R/C helicopters for both professional and hobby applications. The WK-H can be installed in a variety of models, from small electric helicopters to large gasoline and turbine helicopters. The WK-H Lite is the no GPS and LED version.
- Designed For All ScaleHobby Heli Platforms
- Compact Size & Light Weight
- Easy Installation
- Multiple Flight Control Mode Intelligent Switching
- GPS Attitude Mode
- Attitude Mode
- Manual Mode
- Accurate Position & Altitude Hold
- High Accuracy & Driving Handfeel
- Semi-auto Take-off & Landing
- Designed For All Scale/Hobby Heli Platforms: WOOKONG-H DJI’ first stabilization system built for scale/hobby helicopter enthusiasts, which works on all kinds of scale/hobby helicopters: aircraft with Bi-blade or Tri-blade, with or without flybar, with all kinds of swash-plates and rotor heads, electronic or gasoline or turbine helicopter engines. All types of scale or hobby helicopters can be installed with WOOKONG quickly and easily.
- Compact Size & Light Weight: WOOKONG-H components weigh around 140g combined, which can be almost ignored from the payload. The size of the main controller is 51mm X 35mm X 15mm, IMU module is 41mm X 31mm X 28mm, and the GPS module has a diameter of 50mm and a height of 9mm, LED module is 25mm X 25mm X 7mm. The whole WOOKONG-H package is smaller than a standard package cigarette box. WOOKONG-H can even be installed on size 450 helicopter.
- Easy Installation: The installation of WOOKONG-H is much similar to Ace One. The innovative built-in damping system allows the helicopter to be installed without additional frames and dampers. The system helps customers to minimize size, reduce weight and give simplified installation that can be applied on different helicopter models. Customers also have more options for physical installation.
- Multiple Flight Control Mode Intelligent Switching: WOOKONG-H offers three types of control modes: GPS Atti. Mode, Atti. Mode, Manual Mode (excluding GPS Cruise Mode of Ace One). Customers can switch between the three modes to adjust different flight environments even in the specially weak GPS environment such as: Building clearance, valley clearance, bridge bottom or mountain cave. WOOKONG-H also can also adjust automatically in the flight environment. For example when aircrafts come through the bridge bottom with GPS intermittence, WOOKONG-H system switches between GPS mode and Atti. Mode automatically to ensure safety and security of flight.
- GPS Attitude Mode: In GPS Atti. Mode, it is not only can keep aircraft attitude stable and also lock the aircraft position accurately.GPS Atti. Mode has the same performance with GPS Atti. Mode. Stick center position for 0˚ attitude, its endpoint for 45˚which is a fixed limit. GPS Atti. Mode can be used in promptly and with a big flight movement. It will bring to you a new and excellent flight experience.
- Attitude Mode: Atti. Mode is suitable for when no GPS or weak GPS signal is achieved. WooKong-H can control attitude stabilization and lock flight altitude accurately; Stick center position for 0˚ attitude, its endpoint for 45˚which is a fixed limit. Atti. Mode also can be used promptly and with a big flight movement.
- Manual Mode: Manual Mode is mechanical driving directly. With Flybarless support, autopilot will not stabilise the aircraft. Manual Mode is suitable for the experienced pilot.
- Accurate Position & Altitude Hold: Autopilot system offers longitude & latitude locking and high accuracy hovering. Even in a windy environment, aircraft can hover in a small scale area. Accuracy: horizontal≤2 meters. Altitude≤1 meters.
- High Accuracy & Driving Handfeel: With the help of WooKong-H, controlling aircraft feels like driving a car, as simple and intuitive strong control of the flight itself has become an easy and precise operation; The pilot can focus more attention in other areas, such as controlling the camera angle, without tension in the driving.
- Semi-auto Take-off & Landing: In [GPS Atti. Mode] or [Atti. Mode], requiring only a push of the throttle (collective pitch) stick gently to take-off helicopter, the autopilot system will be in charge of the cyclic pitch/roll stabilization.
- Enhanced Failsafe Auto-Hovering: Enhanced failsafe is the feature to ensure that the helicopter will hover automatically if it loses the RC signal. This feature will protect your expensive payloads and equipment.
- Built-in Tail Gyro/Flybarless Support: The tail gyro and FBL have become standard features of WooKong-H. No more extra work installing additional tail gyros and FBL electronic parts. The helicopter’s electronic system has been greatly simplified. Therefore different electrical parts can be connected much more easily. One central piece calculates all of the flying configurations.
- Build-in Engine Govenor: The engine speed lock and governor are also standard features for WooKong-H. The built-in engine governor simplifies the parameter settings, and increases the compatibility of the system. All you need is to connect an extra standard sensor to use.
- Data Import & Export: All the setting data can be saved as files that export from WooKong-H system . Alternatively import the file to current main controller to avoid reboot calibration.
- Core Firmware Online Upgrade: The professional DJI R&D team continuously provide the latest control algorithms and features/modules. You don’t have to mail the unit back or find service centres to upgrade anymore. All the upgrades can be done online. All you have to do is click!
- Basic Performance
- Swash Support: Normal; Three Servo 120°/140°/90°; Four Servo 90°
- Recommended Transmitter: PCM or 2.4GHz minimum 7 channels and Failsafe function available on all channels
- Operating Temperature: -5°C to 60°C
- Cyclic Servos: 50 Hz
- Tail Servo Frequency Response: 760us – 333Hz ,560Hz; 1520us – 125Hz,165Hz,165Hz,270Hz,333Hz
- Assistant Software System Requirement: Windows XP sp3 / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Flight Performance
- *Hovering Accuracy (GPS Mode): Vertical : ± 0.5m; Horizontal : ± 1m
- Suitable Wind Condition: < 8m/s (17.9mph/28.8km/h)
- Forward / Backward Speed: ± 72 Km/h (44.74mph)
- Left / Right Speed: ± 56.7 Km/h (35.77mph)
- Weight: Total Weight 140 grams
- Dimensions: IMU 41x31x28mm; Controller 51x35x15mm; LED Module 25x25x7mm; *GPS Diameter 50mm
- Built In Functions: FBL Or Flybarred; Auto-pilot; Tail Gyro; Fail-safe Hover; Engine Governor For Nitro/gasser
- (1) Main Controller
- (1) GPS & Compass Module
- (1) IMU
- (1) GPS Tail Boom Mount
- (10) 3-Pin Servo Cable
- (1) LED Indicator
- (1) Micro USB Cable
- (4) 3M 5925 Double Sided Tape
- (1) Warranty Information Card
This product was added to our catalog on April 7, 2014.