DJI Naza-M V2 Multi-Rotor Stabilization Controller w/GPS, Bluetooth & iOSD
This is the DJI Innovations Naza-M V2 Multi-Rotor Stabilization Controller, with GPS, Bluetooth and iOSD. DJI adheres to continuous innovating and improving, with the updated firmware, updated attitude stabilization algorithm and optimized hardware structure, the Naza-M V2 provides better flight performance.
The innovative All-in-one design simplifies installation and saves space and weight. It contains inner damping, controllers, 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and barometer in its light and small Main Controller. It can measure flying altitude, attitude and therefore can be used for autopilot/automatic controlling.
The latest fourth generation attitude stabilization algorithm not only inherits the outstanding flight stability of DJI products, but also provides excellent maneuverability. It is more flexible and stable, and gives the hobbyists a wonderful flight experience. New features have been added, such as GPS automatic course compensation, GPS and Compass sensor calibration, new take-off mode and more.
Naza-M V2, with PMU V2 module with CAN BUS port, could support iOSD, GoPro gimbal, Bluetooth LED module and so on. And Naza-M V1 is compatible with Naza-M V2 PMU as well.
- All-in-one Design: DJI adheres to continuous innovation and improvement. With the new firmware, new attitude stabilization algorithm and optimized hardware structure, the Naza-M V2 provides better flight performance. The innovative All-in-one design simplifies installation and saves space and weight. It contains inner damping, controllers, 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and barometer in its light and small Main Controller. It can measure flying altitude and attitude and therefore can be used for autopilot/automatic control.
- Independent PMU with Amazing Function Extension: The Naza PMU V2 has enhanced BEC functionality and provides extendable CAN BUS ports, which can support iOSD, Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal (pitch control). Support is also included for optional Bluetooth LED module to allow parameter adjustment via a mobile APP (future firmware upgrade required for this functionality)
- Advanced & Improved Attitude Stabilization Algorithm: The latest fourth generation attitude stabilization algorithm not only inherits the outstanding flight stability of DJI products, but also provides excellent maneuverability even without the GPS module. It is more flexible and stable, and gives the hobbyists a wonderful flight experience. New features have been included such as GPS course automatic compensation, GPS & Compass sensor calibration, new take-off mode and so on.
- Nine Types of Multi-rotors Supported: Naza-M V2 now supports nine types of multi-rotor, which meets the different needs of the enthusiasts.
- Quad I, Quad X;
- Hexa I, Hexa V, Hexa Y, Hexa IY;
- Octo X, Octo I, Octo V; ( Naza-M V2 does not support the aircraft which has large vibration, so when you choose to use hexa-rotor or octo-rotor, please use the vibration dampening devices accordingly.)
- Multiple Flight Control Modes/Intelligent Switching: It offers three types of control modes: GPS Atti. Mode (with GPS module), Atti. Mode, Manual Mode. The pilot can switch between the three modes to achieve different flight characteristics. It also can adjust automatically within the flight environment and intelligently switch between GPS Atti. Mode and Atti. Mode to make sure the flight is safe and secure. In the software at the position of the manual mode you can choose manual, attitude or failsafe; it supports one key failsafe trigger.
- GPS Module Available/Accurate Position Hold: The plug and play GPS module will greatly enhance the performance for Aerial Photography with accurate Position Hold, Return-To-Home and Intelligent Orientation Control functionalities. With the GPS Module, the multi-rotor will have position and altitude locked accurately even in windy conditions. Hovering accuracy is approximately 2.5m horizontal and 0.8m vertical.
- Free Ground Station Function: Free Ground Station function available without S/N, 16 waypoints supported (Support the Ground Station on PC or iPAD when using the 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink); Add Flight limits (Default Max Height is 2000m and Max radius is 2000m). Add Motor Test function. Optimize the taking off conditions to meet most requirements of taking off on moving vehicles. Optimize the conditions to enter into the compass calibration more easily.
- Assistant Software for Smartphone: The Naza-M now provides assistant software for iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPad3, iPad4, iPadmini, iPod5. You can do parameter adjustments at any time on your mobile devices, using only the BTU with a built-in Bluetooth module which makes it easier and convenient. It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your mobile devices. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection records. The password mechanism ensures your safety link. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Cloud Server and can be restored immediately when you changed your mobile devices.
- iOSD Mini Supported: The Naza-M now supports iOSD Mini. This will undoubtedly give you a fantastic FPV flight performance. Depending upon DJI’s accumulation of historic and reliable information integration technology, the iOSD Mini can grab the most accurate first-hand flight data information in the shortest possible time.
- Intelligent Orientation Control: Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC), wherever the nose points, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction: In course lock flying, the forward direction is the same as a recorded nose direction. See the following figures(Mode 1)： In home lock flying, the forward direction is the same as the direction from home point to multi-rotor. See the following figures (Mode 2)： Intelligent Orientation Control
- Enhanced Failsafe Mode: If your transmitter supports failsafe, then you can set failsafe through port-U. Naza controller has built-in auto level failsafe function, which means when the communication between MC and the transmitter is disconnected, the outputs of all command sticks from controller will go to center position. If the GPS module is used, you can also set RTH on failsafe. If your transmitter has only 4 channels, then MC will work in Atti. Mode by default without the failsafe function.
- Two Levels of Low Voltage Protections: In order to prevent your multi-rotor from crashing or other harmful consequences caused by low battery voltage, we have designed two levels of low voltage protection. You can choose not to use this, however we strongly recommend you to enable the protection. Both levels of protection have LED warning as default. The first level will blink the red light continuously; the second level will blink red light continuously and the multi-rotor will descend and land. In manual mode when low voltage protection is triggered the LED warning will be active only.
- Motor Arm and Motor Dis-arm: There are four ways to start the motors: When you want to start the multi-rotor, you need to perform any of the ways of CSC. During the flight, if the motors stop, you can immediately execute the CSC and the motors will start. This enhances the safety of the multi-rotor; no uncontrolled starting of the motors. Motor Disarm: There are two modes of Motor Disarm: namely Intelligent Mode and Immediate Mode. For more information, please refer to the user manual or DJI Wiki. Note: It has a brand new, smoother take-off algorithm, which is more stable and provides a brand-new experience in supporting double spring TX; every time you let go of the throttle stick it will hover.
- PPM, S-BUS & Ordinary Receiver Supported: Minimum Four channel receiver supported, also PPM and Futaba S-Bus receiver supported. PPM & S-Bus receivers (the general use of the first 8 channels of S-Bus receiver) to optimize the channel connection, the A, E, T, R, U five-channel functions are set using channel X2, use only one servo cable to connect the PPM or S-Bus to X2, this makes installation quick and easy.
- Independent LED Module: The Independent LED module makes the indication of the flight status and the system status to the ground much clearer. The pilot can get information more quickly and more conveniently, even at night, he/she can get real-time flight information feedback through the LED flashing frequency and colour. In addition, the module has a USB interface, which is used for parameter settings and firmware upgrade.
- Built-in Gimbal Stabilization Function: The gimbal stabilization module is compatible with almost all 2-axis gimbal systems. The system will adjust the gimbal and camera according to the attitude of the aircraft after setting the parameters the first time.
- Multi-rotor One-power Output Fail Protection: In most conditions, the whole multi-rotor will retain good attitude and rotate around the frame arm with no power output, due to imbalanced mechanical structure and external environment. Rotating is mainly caused by payload and external environment. When payload is heavier, rotating speed is faster. On rotating, the hexa-rotor physical structure can cause rudder to become out of control. This humanistic protection function from Naza-M V2, in Attitude or GPS Mode, keeps attitude under control even with any one power output failed and highly reduces crash risk.
- Remote Gain Adjustment: The default parameter settings are preset for you to achieve a normal flight, and also supports remote parameter adjustment by using a control slider on the TX during flight in order to obtain better performance.
- Assistant Software & Firmware Online Update: The user interface of the assistant software has been comprehensively updated and brings you a new interaction experience. Instructions will automatically appear which is very convenient. In addition, on the left side of each menu section there is additional information. The logical design makes your parameter settings more simple and convenient. Like other DJI products the Naza-M V2 firmware can be upgraded free online.
Basic Performance Specifications:
- Supported Multi-Rotor:
- Quad-Rotor I4, X4
- Hex-Rotor I6, X6, IY6, Y6
- Octo-Rotor I8, V8, X8
- Supported ESC Output:
- 400Hz refresh frequency
- Recommended Transmitter:
- PCM or 2.4GHz w/minimum 4-channels
- Working Voltage Range:
- MC: 4.8V-5.5V
- VU Input: 7.4V-26.0V (recommended 2S-6S LiPo)
- Output (V-SEN port red wire): 3A@5V (Burst current: 7.5A)
- Power Consumption:
- MAX: 1.5W (0.3@5V)
- Normal: 0.6W (0.12A@5V)
- Operating Temperature:
- -10C - 50C° (14 - 122F°)
- Assistant Software System Requirements:
- Windows XP sp3 / Windows 7 / Windows 8
Flight Performance Specifications:
- Hovering Accuracy (GPS Mode):
- Vertical: ±0.8m
- Horizontal: ±2.5m
- Max Yaw Angular Velocity:
- Max Tilt Angle:
- 6m/s, 4.5m/s
- MC: 27g
- PMU: 28g
- GPS: 27g
- LED: 13g
- MC: 45.5x32.5x18.5mm
- PMU: 39.5x27.5x10mm
- GPS & Compass: 46(diameter)x10mm
- LED: 25x25x7.0mm
- Built-In Functions:
- Multiple Autopilot Control Mode
- Enhanced Fail-Safe
- Low Voltage Protection
- S-Bus Receiver Support
- Independent PMU Module
- 2-Axle Gimbal Support
Notice: Flight performance can be effected by mechanical performance and payloads.
This product was added to our catalog on October 17, 2013.