Castle Creations Sidewinder Micro 2 1/18th Scale Brushless Car Package (5300KV)
The Sidewinder Micro 2 ESC boasts updated circuitry and added functionalities. Castle engineers are committed to taking full advantage of advancements in component quality and continuous improvements in software design. As a result, we are thrilled to introduce the Sidewinder Micro 2. The Sidewinder Micro 2 is perfect for 1/18th scale 2WD vehicles and smaller 4WD (up to 2 lbs.) such as the Team Associated RC18B2 or Dromida SC4 SCT. Whether you are converting to a brushless setup or simply needing more power than your current brushless power system is putting out, there is a Sidewinder Micro 2 combo to fit your needs. The Castle 20mm 0808 Brushless Motors are a perfect companion to the Sidewinder Micro 2 and are available in 4100Kv, 5300Kv, or 8200Kv packages.
The included 0808 series 5300Kv motor is suitable for on-road and off-road applications running up to 3S LiPo and weighing in at up to 2.5lbs. Using the same 4 pole technology found in the larger Castle motors, the 0808 series provides the increased efficiency and torque 4 pole motors are known for.
Sidewinder Micro 2 Features:
- Improved BEC Functionality - Now adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V
- Improved Audible Alerts - The ability to diagnose and resolve problems in the field are made easy as this ESC will communicate with audible tones when certain conditions are present. Alerts are present for start fail, voltage cutoff, radio glitch, over-temperature, over-current and excessive load detections.
- Improved Startup - Updated circuitry and refined software makes for ultra-smooth starts!
- Link Live functionality added - Link Live is a way for the controller to communicate power system information to an external device. This feature, when enabled, will allow users to experience real-time telemetry data such as battery voltage, ESC temperature, motor power output and battery ripple. Compatibility with the Futaba S.BUSŪ T4PX transmitter is coming soon (Requires purchase of Castle S.BUS2 Telemetry Link)
- Transmitter Programming - Manual programming settings include Brake/Reverse Type, Voltage Cutoff, Brake Amount, Drag Brake and Motor Type.
- Castle Link Programming - With the purchase of Castle Link USB device, you will have access to the full programming suite of adjustable settings that tune and tweak your vehicle to your preferences, resulting in an incredible driving experience! Click here for the full list of Castle Link Sidewinder Micro 2 settings.
- Firmware Updates - With the purchase of Castle Link USB device, you will have access to all firmware updates, including added feature sets released from Castle Engineering at no charge.
- Sidewinder Micro 2 ESC
- Application: 1:18th scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 2 lbs.
- Input voltage: 2S-3S LiPo, 4-9 cell NiMH
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V (2A Peak), default 5.5V
- Size: ~22mm x 38mm
- Weight (w/wires): ~26g
- Connector Type: The Sidewinder Micro 2 has 3.5mm bullet connectors on the motor wires and the battery input wires are bare. You must add the connector of your choice to the battery leads. We recommend a high current connector rated for at least 40 amps.
- 0808 20MM Brushless Motor
- Kv: 5300Kv
- Size: L: 1.5" (38mm) Diameter: 0.79" (20mm) Shaft: 0.08" (2mm)
- Weight: 1.8 oz (50g)
- Connector Type: 3.5mm gold connectors (female connectors included)
- Maximum Input Voltage: 2-3S LiPo, 4-9 cell NiMH (2S max 8200Kv)
This product was added to our catalog on March 2, 2016.