Castle Creations Mamba Monster X Waterproof 1/8 Scale Brushless Combo (2200Kv)
Castle Creations Monster X Waterproof 1/8th Scale Brushless Car Package takes Castle’s legendary “monster” performance to the next level in an all inclusive combo. This combo package includes the awesome Neu-Castle 1515 2200KV motor and is recommended for 1/8 off road, monster truck and on road applications weighing 15 pounds or less, running up to 6S LiPo batteries (4S recommended). Additionally, an 18 tooth pinion gear and motor mounting hardware are included to get you on the track fast!
The waterproof Monster X ESC can run between 2S and 6S LiPo and is a great “power up” upgrade system for 1/8th scale off-road and on-road vehicles. It is also a perfect option for 1/10th scale monster trucks and custom RC monstrosities weighing up to 15 lbs!
Extreme Power • Extreme Control • Extreme Fun!
The Monster X provides even more extreme performance than the Monster 2. Most notable is the addition of a programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows users to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings, such as torque control and max throttle. The Auxiliary Wire allows users to fine-tune the performance of their Monster X ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once the user has programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. The Monster X also features updated Audible Alerts that will notify drivers of possible issues with their calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.
Sensored Motor Capable
The Monster X can also be configured to run sensored brushless motors with the purchase of an optional Sensor Harness from Castle Creations. This sensored-motor capability delivers the smooth power delivery that racers, rock racers and rock crawlers demand.
The Monster X is capable of running from 2S to a maximum of 6S LiPo power, but now features an improved heavy-duty adjustable Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) to provide plenty of power for today’s power hungry servos. The Monster X BEC voltage is adjustable from 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V and 8.0V with an 8 AMP peak. The Monster X also comes standard with a highly efficient, 30mm ESC cooling fan.
Monster X Data Logging
The Monster X also has the ability to capture and record performance data from your last couple of runs, commonly referred to as data logging. This data can be downloaded via the upcoming Castle Quick Connect Duo (sold separately) that allows the user access to both wires into the single Castle Link connection. The user can then analyze this data and make adjustments to the ESC to maximize both performance and battery life.
Telemetry Ready (Compatibility Coming Soon for Futaba T4PX Transmitters!)
The Monster X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations S.BUS Telemetry Link when it is released. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection, can increase your “tuning awareness” and in turn, let you have more time having fun.
Castle Link Adjustable Settings for Monster X include:
- Brake/Reverse Type
- LiPo Cutoff Voltage
- Brake Amount
- Drag Brake
- Motor Type
Additional Castle Link Benefits include:
- Access all firmware updates, included added feature sets released from Castle Engineering FREE of charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode
- Ability to save basic to complex setup profiles for later use.
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo; MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment. (*See Product Use Statements)
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes - with lockout
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- ESC Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable and replaceable. (**See Product Use Statements)
- Size: 5.3cm x 4.9cm
- Weight (w/wires): 111.1 g
- Application Guidelines: Up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 15 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Connectors are recommended.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-6S LIPO (25.2V MAX)
- Motor Size: 39.98mm X 75.18 mm
- Motor Weight: 15 oz. (424 g)
- Max Vehicle Weight: 15lbs. (6.8kg)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: 3mm @ 25mm
- Shaft Diameter: 5mm
- Max RPM: 60,000
- Application Guidelines: The ESC and motor are intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation. Monster trucks with up to 6S LiPo packs (4S LiPo is the sweet spot), and 1/8 off road and on road as well. Vehicle weight limit is 15 lbs or less, with batteries ready-to-run.
- Tech Notes: The Castle 1515-2200Kv motor is 75mm long making it capable of handling more power and heavier vehicles than the Castle 1512-2650 motor.
Product Use Statements:
- *Although Mamba Monster X and Castle brushless motors are waterproof, they are not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, Castle suggests users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- **The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Not all LiPos are created equal, and surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack’s suitability for a brushless application. Use the CONTINUOUS C rating only. Mamba Monster setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks. Castle strongly suggest using 5,000 mAh or larger LiPo cells with a discharge rating of at least 30C (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cells®). Castle's experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
This product was added to our catalog on September 2, 2015.