The Mamba Micro X Crawler Edition ESC is a great option for weight conscious, competition oriented crawlers and trail runners in vehicles weighing up to 8lbs on 2S or 3S. It can also be used in slightly more aggressive applications like rock racing and hill climbing on vehicles up to 4lbs. This SPECIAL EDITION of the Mamba Micro X features motor solder posts with factory installed 16 AWG wire and 4mm female bullets for the motor connection; it also includes the matching 4mm male bullets to attach to your motor. Your ESC will come with V2.02 firmware factory installed that has been enhanced for rock crawling and sensored operation.
Pair this ESC with any of Castle's "Slate" crawler motors, or similar low KV short can options like the Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro 540 "Stubby" (less than or equal to 2700kv)
- Use of an external BEC is required if running a high power or digital servo.
- If you're looking for a more aggressive setup in a heavier rig, like rock racing and extended hill climbing, Castle recommends the Mamba X ESC.
- The Auxiliary Advantage: Mamba Micro X features the addition of a programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows you to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings such as torque control, and max throttle, and fine-tune the performance of your ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once you have programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. Try out the brand new Crawler Mode for incredible versatility!
- Telemetry Capability: The Mamba Micro X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages, and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
- Castle Link Compatible: With the optional Castle Link USB Programming Kit you can use your Windows™ PC to easily program your controller. Adjustable settings include:
- Throttle curve
- Braking curve
- Drag brake
- Auto LiPo cutoff
- Punch Control
- Reverse Type
- Motor Type
- Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering, at no charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode capability.
- Ability to save setup profiles for later use.
Input Voltage Range: 2S (7.4V) - 3S LiPo (12.6V)
BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V (2A Peak), default 5.5V. Use of external BEC is recommended if using a high torque/speed digital servo; the CC BEC or CC BEC 2.0 Waterproof are recommended
Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
Reversible: Yes, but can be disabled for racing
On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof*
Cooling Fan: No
Length: 1.6" (41mm)
Width: 0.75" (19mm)
Height: 1.1" (28mm)
Weight (without wires): 1.20 oz. (34g)
Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors w/16 gauge wire; Castle sensor harness
Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 4mm polarized Connectors, Deans Ultra Plugs, or Traxxas Power Connect are recommended.
Application Guidelines: Low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing up to 8lbs.
Recommended Motors: Castle's "Slate" crawler motors or Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro 540 "Stubby" (less than or equal to 2700kv)
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 8lbs when used for low speed/moderate driving style; 4lbs for more aggressive driving styles.
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
Data Logging: No
Tech Notes: *Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.
- Crawler Edition Mamba Micro X w/solder posts
- Castle Sensor Harness adapter
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB adapter
- Driver's Ed and Quick Start Guides
- Castle decal sheet
Product Use Statements:
- Applying voltages higher than 12.6 volts will cause irreparable damage to your controller, voiding your warranty.
- Recommended battery capacity is at least 1500mAh and 25C. Castle recommends running the highest mAh that will fit in your vehicle and the highest C rating you can afford.
- The Crawler Edition Mamba Micro X has solder posts for the motor connections; includes 13 gauge wire with 4mm female bullets that connect directly to Slate motors and the battery input wires are bare. You must solder the battery connector to the wires on the ESC.
This product was added to our catalog on December 7, 2017