This is the Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro 1/10 Scale Brushless Car Package, with an included 4,600kV Neu-Castle 1406 sensorless motor. The Mamba Max Pro brings the best aspects of a sensored and sensorless ESC together to create the ideal controller for serious 1/10th scale enthusiasts. The Mamba Max Pro offers the ultimate in flexibility, and can be used with all 1/10 motors, sensored or sensorless. Some drivers need sensored operation because the racing world’s rules require it, but it is also nice because it offers better start up and braking performance. But the Mamba Max Pro is also compatible with sensorless motors for those who prefer the power, simplicity, reliability and efficiency of a sensorless system.
Castle worked with motor guru Steve Neu to change the CM36 series motor from a slotless design to one with a 1.4 inch diameter slotted stator. He then changed the single neodymium rotor magnet from a 2 pole donut to a 4 magnet, four pole rotor for more torque. Throw in better manufacturing, high quality bearings and a removable end bell and you have the new 1406 series of high performance motors from Castle. The end result is an all new motor that cranks out 30% more torque with all the efficiency and endurance that Castle is known for.
- SmartSense uses the motor sensors to start the motor and then it switches over to Castle’s ultra powerful and efficient dynamic sensorless mode which boosts motor efficiency. Simply put, you’ll get more power and less heat from your motor.
- Sensored Only mode runs sensored motors using sensored timing only.
- CHEAT MODE, Castle’s High Energy Advanced Timing allows users to electronically advance their sensored motor’s timing to extreme settings. This can often yield just that extra bit of power needed to win the race. Be careful – there’s never a free lunch, extra power comes with extra motor heat!
- 6S (25.2 volts) max ESC input voltage, 3S max on motor.
- Switching BEC powers your radio and servo all the way up to the 6S max input. Users may select the output for any voltage between 5V and 7V.
- Durable case and cooling fan to protect and cool the controller during hard off-road action
- Ready to Run: Mamba Max Pro is ready to run out of the box.
- Castle Link Compatible: Like all Castle controllers, the Mamba Max Pro may also be “tuned” for the drivers’ preferences in the throttle curve, brake strength, reversing modes and more. Access these features with the Castle Link USB connector (sold separately) and a PC for even more versatility.
Cells: 6s LiPo
Brake: Proportional w/adjustable curve
Reversible: Yes w/lockout
Low Voltage Cutoff: Programmable
Size (LxWxH): 1.79x1.44x0.85” (45.5x36.5x21.5mm)
Weight w/wires: 81g (2.8 oz)
Connector: 4mm bullet
Input Voltage: 10 NiCad/NiMh MAX - 3S LiPo MAX
Size: 1.4" dia. x 1.9"
Weight (w/wires): 5.9oz (169.5g)
Shaft Size: Standard 1/8" (3.2mm)
Bearings: Oversize ABEC-1 front and rear
Connector Type: 4mm gold connectors
This product was added to our catalog on June 16, 2011
I reccomend it.