The Castle Creations "2028 Extreme" 1/5 Scale Sensored Brushless Motor is the first of its kind - a SENSORED motor, developed for large scale, high voltage applications! The Sensored 2028 features an improved 4-POLE 12-SLOT design that boasts exceptional efficiency and produces less heat than its predecessor. Designed specifically for demanding large scale applications, the Sensored 2028 delivers next level large scale power and will no doubt hold up to the heavy throttle and extended usage that 1/5th scale vehicles like the Losi 5IVE-T, 5IVE-B or DBXL-E encounter. This is the ULTIMATE upgrade for any 1:5 scale vehicle (including gas to electric conversions) weighing up to 30 lbs for 2WD and 25 lbs. for 4WD.
Without a robust and reliable design, the massive power and efficiency can only take you so far. RC enthusiasts love pushing their equipment to the edge. Castle engineers know this and spared no expense when developing a design that could hold up to the harsh conditions that the RC community will throw at it. This results in a cooler running motor, and a cooler motor has a longer lifespan. Construction of this motor required careful component selection; each verified through internal testing to ensure the highest efficiency possible. The result is a motor with unmatched quality, performance, and reliability.
- The 2028 Extreme can easily run in the 10 horsepower range (Burst power output for duration's typical of vehicle acceleration.)
- Running modes include Sensored and an ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode.
- High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with High-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions.
- Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest bearing life possible.
- Proprietary winding techniques allow Castle Creations to produce a stator assembly that is the lowest possible resistance, resulting in a cooler running motor.
- Dual sensor ports to ensure optimal installation in your large-scale vehicle.
- Updated modern and sleek design that looks as cool as it performs.
- Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC) (see Recommended ESCs below)
- Product Use Statements: Monitor motor temperatures closely; overheating a motor will cause permanent damage to the magnets. Never exceed 180° F on the motor or ESC.
- Application Guidelines: The 2028-800KV is a water resistant design. The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommends applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to the Running & Maintaining document in the resources tab above for info on running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
Input Voltage Range: 12S MAX
Max. RPM: 45,000
Minimum Input Voltage: 3S
Maximum Input Voltage: 12S
Sensored Capable: Yes
Can Length: 4.4" (113.2mm)
Can Diameter: 2.2" (57mm)
Weight (w/wires): 44 oz./1.25kg
Shaft Size: Length: 30mm
Mounting Hole Specifications: 4mm holes @ 30mm spacing.
Cooling Fan: Available, but not included. See 011-0019-00 here.
Connectors: 8.0mm male connectors
Recommended ESC: Mamba XL X
Running modes: Sensorless and Sensored
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 4WD vehicles weighing less than 25lbs. 2WD vehicles weighing less than 30lbs.
This product was added to our catalog on January 22, 2020