Bowser HO C636 w/DCC & Sound, Alco #636-1
The ALCO Century 636 was the final and most powerful single-engine diesel locomotive constructed by ALCO. The locomotive had Hi-Ad (Hi Adhesion) C-C wheel arrangement trucks and 3,600 horsepower using the company's 251E model prime mover. It was similar to the Century 630, but can be distinguished by the intercooler box. The C630 had two grilles and the C636 had only one. Beginning production in 1967, one year before ALCO would outshop its last locomotive, nearly 100 C636s were built. However, less than 40 were sold to U.S. railroads, as many systems found the model to be troublesome and unreliable.
- Ready to roll
- New body mold
- New fuel tanks
- New deck
- Many add-on details, including lift rings, bell, antenna, grab irons, MU hoses, screening, brake housing, truck details, air tanks, etc.
- Factory installed handrails
- Hi-Ad trucks with axle pickup
- Crisp, accurate painting and lettering
- Nickel silver blackened wheels
- Can motor with flywheels (dynamically balanced)
- Kadee couplers
- Golden white LEDs
- Directional lighting
- Die-cast underframe
- DC version has NMRA eight-pin plug for easy DCC installation
- Sound versions have SoundTraxx Tsunami dual-mode DC/DCC decoder with onboard sound
This product is expected to arrive on Wednesday, June 6 2018.