The BowHouse RC Redcat Gen8 N2R High Clearance Skid eliminates the unsightly bulbous mass that is found under the stock skid. The BowHouse N2R High Clearance Skid for the Gen8 eliminates this performance robbing protrusion and increases ground clearance by 5mm, allowing your Gen8 to glide over roots and rocks. These skids are 3D printed in the U.S.A. from high-strength nylon filament and the package includes one skid and hardware.
Installation tips: If you are not planning to replace the stock driveshafts, BowHouse does NOT recommend trying to remove them when installing the skid. Stock driveshafts are secured with red thread-lock that is extremely difficult to remove, and it is NOT necessary to remove the driveshafts to replace the skid.
- Remove the stock battery tray and transfer case from the stock skid.
- Disconnect all 7 links from the stock skid, followed by the remaining 8 screws that secure the skid to the chassis.
- Chassis rails will flex enough to allow you to remove the stock skid and install the N2R skid without having to detach bumper mounts or cross-members.
- After installing the N2R skid, you will need to use M3 locknuts to secure the screws that pass through the front and back of the stock sliders into the forward-most and rear-most holes in the stock skid.
- Place an M3 washer between the rod end and the skid when installing the rear upper links, and don't overtighten.
This product was added to our catalog on March 15, 2019