Bachmann HO-Scale Empire Builder Train Set (Great Northern)
This is the Bachmann HO-Scale Empire Builder Train Set. The Great Northern Railroad's flagship passenger train was named the Empire Builder in honor of the railroad's founder, James J. Hill. Hill became known as the Empire Builder after reorganizing several failing railroads into the Great Northern Railway and extending the line to the Pacific Northwest in the late 19th century. After World War II, the Empire Builder was equipped with a full length "Great Dome" passenger car to optimize the views of the passing Cascade Mountains and the Rocky Mountain landscapes of Montana's Glacier National Park.
- A 63" x 45" oval layout of Snap-Fit E-Z TrackŪ with steel rails, molded black ties and roadbed, and a plug-in terminal re-railer section
- Locomotive and all cars equipped with E-Z Mate knuckle couplers
- Speed controller with plug-in wiring, power indicator light and direction switch
- Powered F7-A locomotive with operating headlight
- Powered F7-B locomotive
- Smooth-side coach
- Full-dome passenger car
- 16 pieces of E-Z TrackŪ (22" radius curved track, 3 pieces of straight track, and 1 plug-in terminal re-railer)
- Speed controller with plug-in wiring
- Illustrated instruction manual
This product was added to our catalog on November 26, 2010.