The Axial SCX24 Deadbolt RTR 1/24 Scale Mini Crawler is the first Axial® off-roader in 1/24 scale. At less than 8" long, it's ideal for indoor fun, but performs so well, its equally suited to outdoor adventures as well. Even new drivers will be well-equipped to tackle tough climbs and rough trails. Like it's SCX10 big brother, the SCX24 uses plenty of steel components - from the C-channel frame rails to the front and rear axles and dogbones. Offering ready to run simplicity, scale looks, and confident handling on any trail, the SCX24 has the strength to keep pushing onward and upward.
The SCX24 chassis features a three-link front and four-link rear suspension for realistic handling. The combination of coil-over shocks and durable plastic suspension links delivers Axial-worthy crawling performance even at this small scale. Plus, worm gear axles provide high ground clearance with a low gear ratio that helps to reduce torque twist.
Powered by an included 180-size motor and LiPo battery, the SCX24 Deadbolt shows off competence and charisma on the trails. The shrunk down Deadbolt body provides the classic stance, bulging hood, realistic driver figure, and molded roll cage with realistic light bar that makes the 1/10 Deadbolt a performer - and the realism continues right down to the licensed KMC XD229 Machete Crawl wheels wrapped in Nitto Trail Grappler tires.
Adding even more to its beginner appeal, the SCX24 Deadbolt comes 100% complete and ready to run. Everything required for action is in the box: assembled and finished vehicle; Axial 2-channel 2.4GHz radio system with servo and ESC/receiver unit; Dynamite® 88T brushed electric motor and 350mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo battery; USB LiPo charger; and even four AA cells for the transmitter!
- Includes radio system, ESC and transmitter batteries
- Includes motor and on-board LiPo battery
- Realistic narrow-stance rock crawler body in olive green or red
- Molded roll cage with realistic light bar
- Realistic driver figure and many other scale details
- Officially licensed KMC XD229 Machete Crawl wheels
- Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires (S30 compound, large block tread)
- Full-time 4WD
- Splined and sleeved front and rear drive shafts allow for maximum suspension travel while keeping the power to the wheels
- Steel front and rear axles, front stub axles and dogbones provide strength and durability
- Rugged steel C-channel frame rails with bracing keep everything rigid and aligned
- Front and rear axles consist of a two-piece, molded plastic solid axle design
- 3-Link front and 4-link rear suspension supply optimal handling
- Coil-over shocks with simulated reservoir and durable plastic suspension links deliver proven Axial crawling performance
- Front and rear differentials each house a worm gear setup to power the axles and create higher ground clearance. Worm gear drive also provides a low gear ratio to reduce torque twist
- Two LEDs in the front bumper for night driving
- (1) SCX24™ Deadbolt™ 1/24 Scale 4WD Truck
- (1) Axial AE-6 ESC/receiver combo (installed)
- (1) Dynamite® 88T brushed electric motor (installed)
- (1) Axial AS-1 steering servo (installed)
- (1) Axial® AX-4 2.4GHz 2-channel radio
- (4) AA transmitter batteries
- (1) 350mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo battery
- (1) USB LiPo charger
- (1) Product Manual
- Nothing! Everything you need to begin having fun with your 1/24 scale Deadbolt is included!
This product was added to our catalog on May 29, 2019
"You Absolutely can't beat it",
there's not too many Mini's that run on a lipo battery,So far!,I have ran it for well over an hour without having too recharge it,Which was one of the biggest selling points for me.The SCX24 DeadBolt performs quite well in a variety of conditions,including doing some serious rock crawling on a outdoor crawler course
that was designed for 1/10 scale vehicles,I have quickly accumulated several hours of run-time on my SCX24 DeadBolt,along with my 12 year old daughter,"who absolutely loves it", I'm probably gonna get her one for Christmas, I highly recommend the SCX24 DeadBolt to beginners,and seasoned enthusiasts alike
Run time I am not sure about yet. I simply haven’t run it long enough in a single run to empty the battery. I’d only be guessing to say it’s 30+ minutes. Don’t quote me on it though.
Access to the power switch is easy. Don’t even need to pop the body. Just flip her over, and you can get to it easily from the underside, though it’s not terribly exposed. There is a chance of sticks and such flipping the switch, but it hasn’t happened to me yet.
I have had issue with wet leaves wrapping around the axles/hubs, and one should be mindful of that, but it hasn’t caused any perceptible negative effect on driving in my limited experience. It just takes a little more time for cleaning is all. I could see it causing premature wear and stress damage if ignored though.
All in all, it’s very capable for it’s size, but it’s a little top heavy stock, compared to it’s bigger brothers. My first modification will be to add a little weight down low. Other than that, I am more than satisfied with my purchase.
How ever the charger right out of the box was broken and it will not work.
Thanks Ryan, Awesome job, Great service from Amain I will be trusting them with my RC business.
Regards Tim Scarrow
We purchased both colors when they original came out for sale.
Purchased a blank body to custom paint.