This is the optional Avid RC Kyosho HD Long Rear Axle Conversion. After witnessing one too many Kyosho rear axle failures AVID engineers shouted “Enough!” They went into the lab and studied the design to see how they could stop those pesky DNF's for Kyosho RB6, RB5, and Lazer ZX-5 owners. Avid guarantees you won’t break these Heavy-Duty Long Rear Axles.
AVID HD Long Axles are guaranteed not to break into two pieces. Send a broken AVID axle back for a replacement. Normal wear and tear of the CV joint is not covered, so after your axles wear out, you still need to buy new ones. If you land a jump and snap an axle (or in any other way snap an axle) send the broken parts to Avid (or 1/2 will do) and they will replace it. All replacements are at the discretion of AVID Racing Concepts but they have a simple rule that they go by: Broken= Guaranteed Replacement. Not Broken= You need to buy new axles, it's just worn out.
- In order to use the stock RB6 rear wheels, you will need drill them out to fit over the larger axle. Avid recommends a body reamer from the inside and it will do the job nicely. AVID HD Long Axles can only be used with AVID HD Rear Hex Adapters.
- Extended Threads for perfect fit with aftermarket buggy rear wheels by AVID, Pro-Line, AKA, JConcepts, etc
- Precision CNC Machined Stress-Proof Steel Axles work with Kyosho swing shafts
- 1.5mm (or 1/16”) drive pin replaces 2mm cross pin for increased strength, along with all sharp corners removed
- Fits RB6, RB5, Lazer ZX-5
- (2) Rear axles
- (2) Aluminum clamping hex adapters
- (2) AVID solid axle pins
- (1) AVID decal
This product was added to our catalog on June 26, 2013