Avant Aurora 90 Electric Flybarless Competition R/C Helicopter Kit (2012 Model)
The absolute best and sexiest 3D machine ever is now electric too! The electric Aurora Avant is a helicopter that was designed from the ground up as a pure native electric heli. The design of the Aurora Ultimate re-defined the design of advanced 3D radio controlled helicopters and now the electric Aurora is redefining what a 90-sized electric helicopter should be. This is the dream machine that sets the pace of what an electric 90 should be.
Designed from the ground up as a true native electric helicopter with input from many seasoned 90 size electric pilots that were looking for the ideal 90 sized electric machine. The use of two inexpensive 600-class battery packs allows users to reuse their current 600 size packs as well as access the growing number of low cost battery packs becoming available.
One of the concepts used in the design was minimizing damage to the packs. With that in mind the mounting of the packs was designed to attach them to solid sections of the frames whose edges will take the brunt of a collision thereby minimizing damage to the packs. This innovative staggered side-slot battery placement makes for very quick and easy battery exchanges and also balances the left/right weight load to keep the cg centered and the moment of inertia minimal. The elongated right side Battery slot allows you to slide the packs back and forth to adjust for precise CG location. This helicopter is truly the best 90 electric in the market. Unlike other designs this helicopter was designed from the start as a truly purebred electric helicopter.
- Includes Avant "RigidCore" Flybarless Head & SE Main, and Spindle Shafts!
- Ultra-compact and lightweight design
- Tried-and-true CCPM system
- Slim design with low front profile for a low drag coefficient
- Optimized servo locations allow easy access and short lead runs
- Tail servo located in back of frames
- Low parts count makes it extremely easy to repair and maintain
- Motor and ESC are well exposed to open air for better cooling
- All wiring inside the frames leaving no clutter
- Pinion support top and bottom
- Higher battery pack locations put the CG higher to improve side tic-tocs and rolling maneuvers
- Rugged torque tube system
- Carbon tail boom for extra stiffness and lightweight
- Work of art tail case is lightweight and rugged with an innovative gear system
- Very high end painted canopy
- All parts precisely machined by completely automated systems guaranteeing part to part consistency
- Wear pads on the bottom of the landing gear struts to extend their life
- Very high end professionally painted canopy
- Compatible blade sizes: 690mm, 700mm, 710mm & 720mm *
- Tail Blade size: 100mm-107mm *
- Suitable Motors 40mm and 50mm Dia. outrunners 450-500KV*
- Stock Gear Ratio: 9.9 optional 9.0 and 8.25
- Suitable Radio: 7CH Helicopter type heli radio *
- Fuselage Length:1426mm
- Fuselage width: 123mm
- Total Height: 465mm
- Main Rotor Diameter: 1595mm @ 710mm main blades
- Tail rotor diameter: 280mm @ 105mm Tail blades
- Main blade mounting: 14mm root, 5mm hole
*Note: Main blades, tail blades, motor & radio are not included
This product was added to our catalog on August 12, 2010.