Atlas Railroad HO Thrall 2743 Gondola, Undecorated
The Thrall Car 2743 cubic foot gondola was introduced in 1995. This new 52' 6" interior length design was in response to the newly allowed increase in Gross Rail Loading (GRL) to 286,000 lbs (up from 263,000 lbs). This allowed an increase of the inside height from the previously standard 5'0" to a new standard of 5'6", giving it a 2,743 cubic foot capacity. Thrall produced over 6,700 of these from 1995 to 1999. The design resumed production under Trinityrail in 2005.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Prototypical scale height
- Fourteen side posts
- Detailed brake components
- Etched metal platform and end reinforcement plate
- Detailed ladders and stirrups
- Wire hand grabs and brake rods
- Air hoses
- Corner pins and correct open notch
- Optional coupler pocket for Kadee #5 or AccuMate scale coupler
- Accurate painting and printing
This product was added to our catalog on February 19, 2014.