Atlas Railroad HO 50' Postwar Single Door Box, Undecorated
At the end of World War II, railroads ordered large numbers of 50' AAR boxcars with a standard design that was first widely used in the late 1940s. This design was based on the original 1937 AAR design but was modified in the post-war era to include: improved dreadnaught end and diagonal panel roofs with standard or overhanging design. These 50' boxcars were a common sight on American railroads well into the 1970s and 1980s.
- Details such as separately applied ladders and grab irons
- Three different side sill styles - straight, tabbed and fishbelly
- 8' & 9' Superior or Youngstown doors
- Fully detailed underframe
- Free rolling trucks with metal wheelsets
- Accurate printing and prototypical paint schemes
This product was added to our catalog on February 24, 2018.