Ares RC Quantum FPV RTF Electric Quadcopter Drone w/2.4GHz Radio, Battery & Charger
When it comes to shooting aerial video and still images, stability is key and in this respect the bigger the quadcopter the better the results. Offering a larger footprint, more power, a greater presence in the air and the control authority that goes hand-in-hand with an increase in size, the Ares Quantum FPV takes First Person View flying and creative video making to a new level.
Boasting an integral LCD monitor the included transmitter allows the Quantum’s 720p HD camera to stream bird’s-eye video directly to the pilot, whilst the quad’s advanced flight stabilization system helps keep your movies smooth and your photos sharp. Framing and filming couldn’t be easier using the transmitter’s remote camera controls and with storage taken care of on the quad’s 4GB micro memory card, no stone has been left unturned. It all adds up to a versatile and sophisticated package that even includes a USB card reader to allow you to view, transfer or upload your footage. Other handy features include three different flight modes that vary from super-stable to fast and furious, and as if that’s not enough, 360° flips are possible at the click of a button.
Supplied completely ready to fly with rechargeable batteries for the quad and the transmitter, the Quantum is a well appointed and versatile package. In fact, with bright LEDs on the underside to aid orientation, you can even fly it at night!
- Ready To Fly: The Ares Quantum FPV comes 100% factory assembled and includes a 2.4GHz transmitter with integral colour monitor, a 4GB micro memory card, USB card reader, a 350mAh 2-cell 7.4V quadcopter LiPo, 450mAh 1-cell 3.7V transmitter LiPo, two USB chargers, spare propellers and a screwdriver. There’s nothing more to buy!
- On-board Storage: Located on the underside of the quad a 4GB micro memory card keeps that precious footage safe until you’re able to upload it using the included USB card ready.
- Suitable for All: With a contrasting front / rear colour scheme, inherent strength and intelligent flight modes that allow you to switch from super-stable to fast and furious, the Quantum FPV is perfectly placed to satisfy both new and experienced quad pilots.
- Indoors or Out: Durable prop guards make the Quantum FPV perfect for smaller spaces, while ultra-bright front and rear LED lights mean there’s just as much fun to be had when the light is fading.
Weight: 167.0g RTF
Flight Battery: 2s 7.4V 25C 350mAh LiPo
Charger: 1 X 1S USB, 1 X 2S USB
Transmitter: 2.4GHz with built-in FPV monitor
Transmitter Battery: 1S 3.7V 5C 450mAh LiPo
HD Camera Specs:
Video resolution: 1280 x 720p at 30 FPS (video)
Photo resolution: 1600 x 1200 pixels (still)
Camera chip: 1/4" HD Color CMOS
Camera lens: 68° FOV
Video format: NTSC Pal
Video format: 5.8GHz
VTx power: 25mW
- Quantum FPV quadcopter with 720p HD camera.
- 350mAh 2-cell 7.4V LiPo and USB charger.
- 2.4GHz transmitter with integral FPV monitor.
- 450mAh 1-cell 3.7V LiPo and USB charger for transmitter.
- 4GB micro memory card and USB reader.
- Spare propeller set.
- Comprehensive instruction manual.
This product was added to our catalog on December 11, 2016.
Update: 24 Jun, well, I've had the Quantum FPV now for 5 days and the rear, right motor has failed. I was hoping for a Hobby Grade Quadcopter, but this seems to be more of a toy for $184.01 with tax. Hobby Town didn't seem to be very happy I even brought it back. I told them I've been flying quad copters for years, and this one has never been wrecked, dropped, or even had a hard landing. They told me all their quad copters have bad motors, and all go bad, so get used to it. They ordered me a new motor and said I'd have to wait for a week or more to get it back. Well, there goes half of my 30 day warranty now. My radio shack quadcopter has run everyday for a year and has never had a motor failure, and my Contixo F10 has never failed either, and I fly it sometimes 6 times a day. They told me that was very rare, and get used to motor failures on the Quantum FPV and order extras. Wow, this was not a pleasant experience at all, feel the $184.00 for a toy grade drone is bad business. I'll update this later whenever it's fixed and running again.
Update: 29 Jun, got the Quantum FPV back on the evening of the 28th. Hobby Town replaced the motors, and it hovered OK in the store. Taking it home to try it out again.
Update: 30 Jun, charged up both batteries and took it out to the field behind my house. The right rear motor didn't work in ANY mode today, and would not fly. Being a Friday, it took me over a hour of driving to get it back to Hobby Town, and the tech at the store said the right rear motor wheel had come loose so he glued it back on. Hovered OK in the store.
Update: 1 July, charged up the main battery and took it out to the field today. It flew for 3 more minutes and the right rear motor stopped turning to about 10% of what it should, it would NOT fly in any mode. The store closes in 15 minutes, so can't take it back again.
2 July Update: Called the store, they said bring it back in to look at.
3 July Update: Well the problem is with the motor drive unit, the metal shaft coming out of the motor has to connect to a plastic cog, that turns a much larger cog, that turns the propeller. The metal shaft after time, 1 minute to 1 hour or more, will become loose in the plastic cog, and slip. The slip can be 90% to 10% or all together, so it seems like the motor is failing, but in reality the cog is failing, as it can not stay attached to the metal shaft.
This is a design error. I can not recommend purchasing this unit until this problem is fixed.
Hobby Town refunded all my money with no problem once the problem was determined.)