Ares Mini Gamma Ready-To-Fly Electric Airplane w/Radio, Battery & Charger
Model Flying Made Easy
The heavier they are the harder they fall! Itís a fact, and with this in mind the light and versatile Ares Mini Gamma makes perfect sense for anyone seeking a low cost, low commitment introduction to RC model flying. Your hobby budget will rarely return this much fun and performance for such a small investment, not to mention a level of sophistication thatíll have you wondering how we do it. So whatís the key to the Mini Gammaís success?
Well, letís start with the light and resilient carbon-braced EPO airframe, the high-lift wing section and the powerful brushed / geared motor. Crucial features that are joined by a rock-solid 2.4GHz 3-channel proportional radio system, turbulence-beating state-of-the-art 6-axis gyro stabilization and a long-duration 180mAh LiPo that gives 8 to 10 minute flights. Wrap it all in a striking colour scheme and what you get is a good-looking all-season sportster thatís not only perfect for flying indoors and out but also suits wind conditions that see similar aircraft grounded. Beginners will love its simplicity, its durability and its forgiving flight characteristics. Experts, will delight in its versatility and its grab Ďní go convenience. With a Mini Gamma, thereís something for everyone.
- Ready-to-Fly (RTF): The Mini Gamma comes 100% factory assembled and includes a 2.4GHz transmitter with flight stability function, a 180mAh 1-cell 3.7V LiPo, a USB LiPo charger and instruction manual. All you need to complete is 4 x AA-size batteries for the transmitter.
- Large Capacity LiPo: A large capacity 1S 3.7V LiPo gives flight times of around 8 - 10 minutes. The battery can be removed for charging and uses a blade-style connector for improved power transfer.
- Added Strength: Despite its size, carbon rods are used throughout the Mini Gammaís construction to ensure that the EPO airframe is both light and strong.
- Suitable for All: The included USB charger operates from your PC, laptop or cell phoneís USB power adaptor. This quick and simple charging process means you spend even more time in the air.
Wingspan: 16.06 in (408mm)
Length: 12.52 in (318mm)
Weight w/Battery: 1.41 oz (40g)
Battery: 1S 180mAh LiPo
Charger: 1S USB type
Transmitter: 3 Channel, 2.4GHz
On-Board Electronics: 6 Axis Stabilization
Stabiliy Modes: High, Medium, Off
Controls: Rudder, Elevator and Throttle
- Factory assembled Mini Gamma airframe
- 3-channel 2.4GHz transmitter
- 180mAh 3.7V 1S LiPo battery
- USB charger
- Comprehensive instruction manual
Needed to Complete:
- (4) "AA" batteries (for transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on July 26, 2017.
My only complaint with the kit is that after a few crashes, while the exterior of the plane was very immaculate, I had issues with servo "instability". To explain better, the servo's started incessantly twitching, even with the plane in a complete stationary position on the ground. The problem was exacerbated in beginner and intermediate settings, but stopped in advanced setting. My hunch was that the flight control board had become detached from its mount and that when the servo was commanded to react to a movement of the plane by the gyro, the system was experiencing "feedback". Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get at the flight board, other than to use a sharp knife to cut off the wing, as well as the wing struts. I performed the minor surgery and found that my hunch was right; the flight board had broken loose in one of my crashes. I ended up using a decent amount of foam safe glue to reattach the board, and then glued the wing back down. After the repair, the plane now flies as it should and the board hasn't come loose, even after more crashes.
All in all, I'm very happy with the plane and am still enjoying flying it. As one of the other reviewers noted they had done, my next modification will be to expand the battery bay to allow the use of larger batteries.)
The stabilizer worked great and it did some really great landings. Seems like it can handle quite a bit of wind with the stabilizer on. I originally bought it for flying in a gym indoors, but I think it will be too fast for me to keep up with. But it does make for a great outdoor flyer, wind and all. I did enlarge the battery space and am using 380 mah batteries. It will probably fly for a long time. I give this little airplane a 5 star rating and it's also one tough little guy.)