AKA EVO Slicks are a treadless tire designed for maximum performance on high-grip, indoor clay tracks. They are available in Clay Compound only. As with all AKA tires, the EVO Slicks are designed and made with pride in the USA.
NOTE: These tires are only compatible with AKA EVO 1/10 4wd Buggy front wheels. They can be used with HEXlite 2.2" wheels when used with the EVO Conversion Kit (sold separately).
- EVO Bead: The EVO bead design uses an 1/8 scale style L-shaped bead mount. This allows the user to glue the tire to the wheel more effectively, creating a much stronger glue bond.
- Black Insert (Medium): The Black (Medium) insert is ideal for smooth, high-grip tracks and very warm ambient temperatures (90F/32C+).
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
This product was added to our catalog on August 20, 2015