This is a set of two AKA Racing EVO I-Beam 1/8 Truggy Tires, pre-mounted on yellow EVO truggy wheels. The I-BEAM tread design is designed for traditional tracks with a little bit of loose dirt. The larger lugs allow the tire to dig deep for maximum traction when it is needed the most. The center cross split bars give good forward bite and when used on the rear allow the car to rotate better in the turns.
AKA EVO Truggy tires feature the ROAR legal 1:8 Truggy bead design and a redesigned carcass shape that includes internal ribbing. This bead design mimics the 1:8 buggy bead design which will make for easier assembly and a stronger bond between the wheel and the tire. The carcass shape has been refined to take advantage of the bead design. Internal ribbing has been added to minimize tire growth at high RPM and support the tire contact patch during cornering. All this adds up to much improved handling and lower lap times.
The EVO Truggy wheel is modeled after the World Championship winning EVO Buggy wheel. The wheel features a convex face to help stiffen the wheel and add additional protection to the outside face. The EVO wheel has been designed with the new ROAR 1:8 Truggy wheel bead. This bead design is much simpler and promotes a stronger bond between the tire and wheel.
The optional internal disk offers two benefits. The first is stiffness. With the disk installed the wheel will be stiffer which is very desirable on tracks with large jumps, high traction, high speeds or high ambient temperatures. The second benefit is balance and weight. With the disk installed dirt cannot buildup inside the wheel and throw off the balance and add unwanted rotating mass. Last but not least the new EVO wheel is 6.5% lighter than the current AKA truggy wheel.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
- Assembly Quality: AKA R-Line Pre-Mounts are all hand assembled using AKA Premium tire glue and are double checked for adhesion quality. There is no doubt AKA has the best pre-mounts in the industry.
This product was added to our catalog on February 28, 2012