AKA EVO Cityblock 1/8 Truggy Tires (2) (Medium)
This is a set of two AKA Racing EVO City Block 1/8 Truggy Tires. The Cityblock was the first pin on block design tire and has sparked a host of copies across the industry. This innovative approach to tread design launched a tire that is unmatched in its versatility. From loose dusty tracks to high bite hard packed tracks the Cityblock will deliver consistent performance and has become the work horse of the AKA tire line. You can't go wrong with a set of these in your tires collection.
AKA EVO Truggy tires feature the ROAR legal 1:8 Truggy bead design and a redesigned carcass shape that includes internal ribbing. This bead design mimics the 1:8 buggy bead design which will make for easier assembly and a stronger bond between the wheel and the tire. The carcass shape has been refined to take advantage of the bead design. Internal ribbing has been added to minimize tire growth at high RPM and support the tire contact patch during cornering. All this adds up to much improved handling and lower lap times.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it''s a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
This product was added to our catalog on February 28, 2012.