The AFX Muscle Car Shootout Slot Car Track includes 1/64th scale 1970 Mustang 428 Cobra Jet and Camaro SS 396 slot cars that offer stunning levels of detail and realism. But the cars are only part of the story. You get a Digital Lap Counter and 23 feet of quality AFX track that makes 5 different road racing layouts that are challenging and fun. And with big, sweeping 18” large radius curves, an AFX exclusive, it is easy to get into an exciting high-speed rhythm.
Then comes the real bonus: the Mega G+ system and the Tri-Power Pack. Three power levels allow new drivers to learn to race without getting frustrated. And setting the level is as simple as flipping the switch on the side of the Pack. With Tri-Power Pack parents can race with their younger children without the child crashing all the time. And when you get faster, the Mega G+ system lets you race at the limit with far fewer “offs”. More fun longer, what a concept!
What is the Mega G+ Race System?
It is a Slot Car system that delivers the perfect balance of grip and speed. The result is a slot car set that is easier to learn and easier to drive at the limit so you have more fun fast and keep having fun longer. AFX achieved this by redesigning their famous Mega-G chassis, redesigning the power unit and precisely mating it to the upgraded AFX120 controller and exclusive Tri-Power Pack. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation behind it, the Mega G+ Race System is one of the best out of the box 1/64 scale slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ CHASSIS
This chassis is the heart of the Mega G+ Race System. It is not just faster and better handling than the competition, now it is even smoother, more consistent, more intuitive and more fun to drive than any car AFX has ever built. Check out these performance features:
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: Same power output as original Mega-G but lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than original Mega-G: Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made: Much more realistic bodies
- Re-designed Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors: Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available: Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!): Car stays in the slot longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium: Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Nylatron: Super strong and durable
- High Carbon Power Unit Brushes: Last much longer than composite brushes
- Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and better drivability
- Stunning Mustang Cobra Jet 428 and Camaro SS 396 bodies: Right down to the chrome bumpers, license plates, wings, louvers and windshield wipers, more realistic than you would ever believe in 1/64th scale.
- Digital Lap Counter: Counts down to start the race, counts the laps and then displays a trophy for the winner
- Mega G+ chassis: Lowest, lightest, best-handling chassis anywhere
- Tri-Power Pack: Even young children can learn to race and play without frustration
- The best track you can buy: AFX track is easy to use, high quality and reliable
- Most powerful HO Set you can buy: Compare the AFX 22-volt power pack (at Expert level) to the 17-volt versions in other people’s sets
- Big radius 18″ curves: Makes driving fun and no one else has it
- EZ Plug Power Pack: Let’s you change track direction with a flip of the plug
- AFX120 Controllers: Upgraded resistor tuned for easy drive-ability
- Tune-up Kit Included: Keep your cars running strong
This product was added to our catalog on November 30, 2017