SAB Goblin 500 Flybarless Electric Helicopter Kit w/Blades (Red/White)
This is the SAB Goblin 500 Flybarless Electric Helicopter Kit. Evil has come out to play, and the SAB Goblin is ready to take flight, bringing an unworldly level of 3D power that simply cannot be matched.
The Italian designers at SAB have been up to no good, conjuring the Goblin for one menacing purpose – domination, and nothing short of it. Utilizing patent pending ingenuity, the SAB Goblin 500 takes performance to frightening heights by utilizing a state of the art dual belt drive power system, allowing massive brushless power to be directed to the main rotor without fear of failure.
By utilizing a dual stage belt drive system, the Goblin 500 transfers this power to a helical output gear, which in turn drives the main rotor system and driven tail rotor system. Simply put, the power this system can handle is fearsomely evil.
Ingenuity flows throughout the Goblin, taking shape in the patent pending horizontal servo mounting system that directs servo torque directly to the flybarless main rotor system via short, stiff linkage rods that rotate via bearing raced support. This system is intensely strong, allowing power transfer to be as direct as mechanically possible, resulting in precision and rigidity that is simply unmatched.
By laying the servos horizontally, instead of installing them as a vertical unit, the CG (center-of-gravity) is optimally lowered, allowing the Goblin to take great advantage of stellar 3D performance. Lower CG directly equates to precision maneuvers throughout the entire realm of flight, allowing the SAB Goblin 500 to perform like no other helicopter flying today. Craving performance not of this world? Take hold of the Goblin as it takes hold of you – RC helicopter performance that will bring true fear above, and sheer terror down low.
- Full Carbon Fiber boom for maximum rigidity
- Quick release battery tray system
- Sacrificial breaking point for landing gear and boom
- Identical concept as the Goblin 700
- Simple and effective design
- HPS (High Precision Head System)
- 10mm high strength steel main shaft
- 8mm high strength steel spindle shaft
- Large tail pulleys for increased tail authority
- Dampened tail system for increased vibration tolerance
- Unique, extreme rigid transmission design
- Heat tolerant primary drive belt
- Carbon Fiber tail push rod hidden inside the boom
- Nylon bolt break-away system to preserve the boom during a crash
- Plenty of room for electronic components
- Mini size cyclic servos
- Standard size tail servo
- Direct and geometrically correct servo placement
Main Rotor Diameter: 1136mm (w/500mm blades)
Main Blade Length: 470-500mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 226mm
Tail Blade Length: 80mm
Main Shaft Diameter: 10mm
Tail Shaft Diameter: 5mm
Spindle Shaft Diameter: 8mm
Gear Ratios: 6.9-11 : 1
Weight included electronics: 1900g (excluding flight battery)
Motor Pulley: 18T included (6mm motor shaft w/5mm shaft adapter)
Cyclic Servos: Mini Size (36mm)
Tail Servos: Standard Size (40mm)
Typical ESC: 80/100A
Motor Dimensions: Max Diameter: 52mm, Max Height: 52mm
Flight Battery Dimensions: 52x53x180mm, 6S 2800-4500mAh
- Goblin 500 Kit
- 18T Motor Pulley
- 500mm Main Blades
- 80mm Tail Blades
- (1) 7+ Channel Radio System
- (3) Mini Cyclic Servos
- (1) Tail Servo
- (1) Brushless Motor
- (1) Brushless ESC (80/100A)
- (1) 6S LiPo Battery Pack, 2800-4500mAh
- (1) Flybarless Gyro
- (1) LiPo Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on February 21, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...