Novak Oval Spec 1S Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control w/X-Drive
This is the Novak Oval Spec 1S Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control. Specifically developed for the extremely high demands of 1S LiPo oval racing the Oval Spec 1S Brushless Racing ESC features Novak's proven X-Drive™ technology and enhanced Dynamic Timing Advance™ algorithm that has been specifically developed for 1S oval racing, and is already shattering track records from California to Tennessee! To make tuning a snap, the Oval Spec 1S has as a completely redesigned LED menu for ultra-simple ESC tuning- no external devices required! That’s right, 6 settings and 5 LEDs provide all of the combinations needed to get you into the winner’s circle and keep you there!
Novak’s Oval Spec 1S ESC is based on the tried-and-true, competition-proven Havoc Pro SC with X-Drive platform, but has its own firmware that significantly simplifies the tuning of your ESC. In addition to some internal changes, the Oval Spec 1S is outfitted with a low-profile heat sink, factory- installed, ultra heavy-duty 12-gauge power wires, and completely replaceable input and switch harnesses. Everything you need for a professional installation is included.
The biggest changes are in how you adjust the timing and RPM values. Oval racing offers several “open” ESC classes. This almost requires that you have a laptop, computer, or some sort of complicated tuning device for your ESC. After working with the racing world’s fastest oval drivers, Novak has devised a simple tuning system that includes everything you need with 6 simple settings.
OVAL SPEC 1S ON-BOARD SETTINGS FOR PRECISE CONTROL
- Timing Amount; 15 settings: This setting allows control over how much Dynamic Timing Advance the ESC applies to the motor. There are 15 factory settings (in precise 1-degree increments) including an OFF setting position for no-timing spec racing (“blinky” mode).
- Start RPM; 10 settings: This feature allows control over the RPM the motor must reach before the Dynamic Timing Advance “kicks in”.
- Final/End RPM; 10 settings: Allows selection of the top RPM at which the Dynamic Timing will be applied.
- Drive Frequency; 10 settings: Ten settings to adjust the drive frequency for the perfect throttle response and feel. Adjustable from ultra smooth to aggressive.
- Minimum Drive; 10 setting: Provides fine-tuning of minimum motor RPM which is generally needed on high-traction applications where hard-starts are needed.
- Dead Band; 5 settings: Adjusts the neutral point sensitivity; allows for fine-tuning throttle input sensitivity.
1S racing has proven to be an extremely popular segment of oval racing, and Novak is excited to offer a specially-designed ESC to the masses. From the beginner to the advanced racer, the Novak Oval Spec 1S ESC has exactly what you need!
- Designed specifically for the extremely high demands of Oval 1S racing
- Sensor-based ESC for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Six adjustable parameters to maximize performance on oval tracks: Timing Amount (15 settings), Start RPM (10 settings), Final/End RPM (10 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), and Dead Band (5 settings)
- Enhanced timing algorithm that significantly reduces the motor’s magnetic fade over the duration of the run
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications; includes blinking white LED for non-timing racing events
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
Fwd/Brk: F / B (no reverse)
Input Cells: 1S LiPo
Size: 1.16x1.47x0.70” (29.5x37.3x17.8mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 1.15 oz. (32.6 g)
On-Resistance: 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility: 4.5 -turn or higher 540-size sensored brushless motor
Wire Size: 12G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
This product was added to our catalog on March 1, 2012.