Novak Ballistic 550 Brushless "Short Course" Motor (6.5T/3400Kv)
This is the Novak Ballistic 6.5T (3400Kv), 550 Size, Brushless "Short
Course" Electric Motor. Novak has repeatedly brought original products and technological
advancements to the R/C industry, and, to no one’s surprise, Novak is
doing it again! Novak Ballistic 550 Brushless Motors are the first
550-sized motors designed specifically for short course competition and
will easily outperform traditional 540-sized motors. The Ballistic 550s
are more powerful because of their extra long stator and rotor magnet.
In fact, the stator and rotor magnet are twice the length of 540-sized
motors, which equals twice the torque when compared to the equivalent
540 motor. More torque, means more speed!
Additionally, these larger-sized motors run cooler and more efficiently than their 540 counterparts. These high-powered motors are the top choice at small, indoor race tracks and easily install into OFNA’s Hyper 10 SC, OFNA’s Jammin’ SCRT 10, and the Traxxas’ Slash 4X4 Short Course Trucks, as well as other 1/10-scale short course trucks. In addition to the low-speed driveability and no cogging, the sensor-based Ballistic 550s have been fitted with rugged 5mm output shafts for maximum resilience and race life while offering smooth and controlled power delivery.
BALLISTIC MEANS VERSATILITY:
Novak Ballistic 550 motors are completely rebuildable and feature interchangeable wound stator construction. A stator swap allows for easier experimentation at the track and cuts down on racing costs. Additionally, all of Novak’s Ballistic 550s feature a replaceable rotor, front end bell, sensor harness, bearings and other replaceable items.
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Oversized front bearing for increased load handling and bearing life
- Rebuildable design with removable shielded sensor harness, sensor assembly, wound stator, hardware, insulation, bearing cap, bearings and both end bells
- Nickel-plated, sintered Neodymium rotor with a 5mm pinion shaft that accepts all existing pinion gears
- Adjustable timing to help retain previous user settings
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Manufacturers Warranty
- Designed, hand wound and dyno tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
Number of turns: 6.5T
Design: Sensor-based (compatible with any sensored brushless ESC)
Input Voltage: 2S-4S Li-Po
Magnet: One-piece, multi-pole Neodymium
Kv (unloaded): 3,400
Motor size: Length - 2.84” (72.1mm); Diameter - 1.41” (35.8mm)
Shaft diameter: 5mm
Motor weight: 10.1 oz. (286.3 grams)
This product was added to our catalog on May 18, 2010.