Kyosho Inferno MP9E Limited Edition Electric 1/8 Off Road Buggy
The most successful chassis in history is now available in a brushless powered platform. Same MP9 performance with the ease of electric power! Advanced components create a synergy of pure performance. With 7 World Championship victories, the most successful racing buggy that the world has ever seen has undergone its first full model change for the 21st Century. Everything down to the last ball-end has been recreated with the focus on maximum speed and performance in a completely new chassis and body development. Overall weight balance compliments the lightweight chassis that covers setting options for all inputs to lateral running characteristics.
- Ultra Low Center of Gravity: Lightweight and optimal weight balance combine to deliver the ultimate racing weapon.
- New Body Design: Newly developed body is slimmer and lower in height to realize aerodynamic characteristics for powerful down force and complete interior cooling.
- More Down Force: Large bolt on wing generates powerful down force. New ribbing at the back results in improved rigidity.
- Composite Torque Rods: Roll center can be adjusted by changing the direction of the spacer inserted into the lower arm of the rear suspension. Also, the one-piece ball and washer ball-ends are an added feature to reduce maintenance time.
- Upright Servo: Servo is mounted upright for easy maintenance and is dropped 2mm to contribute to the lower center of gravity.
- Extremely Light Weight: The smaller differential units on front and rear with grooved cup joints, aluminum balls and the flexing shape of resin parts effectively lightens the platform. while giving the chassis rigidity, durability and strength.
- Wraparound Chassis Side Guards: The grooved face in side guard matches the thickness of velcro tape and prevents dirt getting inside the chassis. Complete wraparound side guards are only found on the Kyosho MP9.
- Rear Arm Mud Guards: Mud guards on the rear arms prevent dirt entering the drive shafts and getting inside the wheels.
- Servo Horns: 3 types of servo horns included for various R/C systems (SANWA / KO / for JR, FUTABA and Hitec)
- Hex Screws: Kit includes complete hex screws.
- New Suspension Design: Newly developed suspension uses bushing for easy maintenance and rationalizes the setting order.
- Increased Diff Case Capacity: Center differential realizes improved heat dissipating brake disc and increased case capacity for stable control to the end of the race.
- Optimal Race Settings: Fine tune for the optimal race setting with adjustments to wheelbase, tread, roll center, caster angle, toe angle and camber change.
- EZ Motor Mount: The Inferno MP9e is equipped with Kyosho's own EZ gear mesh motor mount, all it takes is two simple screws and slide the whole motor till you get the perfect mesh.
- Lightweight Universal Driveshafts: The driveshafts feature a lightweight design and are made from durable steel. Installed at the front, center and rear of the drivetrain, all of the driveshafts feature a distinctive black finish.
- Standard 17mm Hubs: Now you can use all standard 17mm wheels.
- Full Ball Bearings: Full ball bearings throughout for maximum efficiency through the drive system.
- New Medium Rear Shock Tower: The MP9e is equipped with the latest components like the new Medium rear shock tower that helps out in difficult situations by giving you better handling in certain situations.
- World Championship Quality: The suspension features double A-arms, which is the same type of suspension used on the world's most sophisticated performance machines. It's durability gives you confidence, knowing that it's going to hold up even under extreme conditions.
Final Drive: 12.6:1
- Rolling Chassis (Kit)
- (1) Mod 1 Steel Pinion Gear
- Clear MP9e Body
- Hex Wrench
- Cross Wrench
- 17mm Wheel Wrench
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel Surface Radio System
- 1 High Torque Steering Servo
- BL ESC (Brushless Speed Control)
- BL 1/8th Scale Motor (Brushless Motor)
- 6 cell NiMh / 2s or 3s Lipo Battery Pack (*please refer to ESC manual for proper battery type)
- Battery Charger NiMh or Lipo
- Batteries for transmitter (AA x8)
- Wheels, Tires & Glue
- Shock Oil
- Paint for body
This product was added to our catalog on March 17, 2010.