HPI Racing Sprint 2 Sport RTR w/Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Body & 2.4GHz Radio System
This is the HPI Sprint 2 Sport 1/10 Scale Ready-To-Run Touring Car with a Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Body and a HPI 2.4GHz Radio System. HPI Racing is proud to introduce the 2012 Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Sprint 2 Sport RTR. The Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR competes in the GT Class at the American Le Mans Series. Team Falken Tire finished the 2011 season in 4th place overall in the ALMS GT Championships and 5th place in the GT Drivers Championships. The team garnered two race wins, at Mid-Ohio and at the Baltimore GP, plus four top five finishes out of nine races in 2011. In 2012 the team won the Baltimore GP, repeating it's win from 2011.
For the 2012 season Team Falken is equipped with the latest version of the venerable Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, based on the previous generation 997 series 911. The 2012 Porsche RSR features just slightly more output than the 2011 model, with the 4.0 liter, six-cylinder boxer engine now developing 460 PS (338 kW / 454 hp) instead of the previous 455 PS (335 kW / 449 hp). The engine is coupled to a six-speed sequential gearbox operated by paddle shifters on the steering wheel. A few other details are updated for the 2012 edition, such as the diameter of the front wheels, which has now increased by 30 mm to 680 mm, and there's a new ducting of the air intake.
The HPI RACING replica of the 2012 Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR features a pre-painted pre-decaled 1/10th scale polycarbonate bodyshell mounted on the electric powered HPI Sprint 2 Sport chassis. The bodyshell features realistic aerodynamic details such as the aero cutout right behind the front wheel well, highly detailed rear diffuser and a multi position adjustable rear wing. The Sprint 2 Sport is a 4 wheel drive belt driven high performance chassis. It features a performance proven chassis with oil filled adjustable shocks mounted on multi position shock towers, adjustable front and rear camber links, adjustable height body mounts and a full set of ball bearings for maximum efficiency. The chassis sits atop replica Falken Azenis RT Slick tires (31mm front/34mm rear) mounted on to replica BBS wheels (9mm offset front/12mm offset rear). The Sprint 2 is equipped with waterproof electronics and a 2.4GHz HPI radio system for consistent and precise control. Included in the kit are AA batteries for the transmitter, a 7.2V HPI PLAZMA 2000mAh battery pack and an AC wall charger. A Firebolt 15 turn electric motor provides super quick acceleration and fun right out of the box.
- 2.4GHz Radio System: Controlling the RTR Sprint 2 Sport is easy with the HPI 2.4GHz radio system. No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. The pistol grip transmitter features adjustments for steering trim, throttle trim, steering dual rate, end points, servo reversing switches and low battery indicator.
- Waterproof: The RTR Sprint 2 Sport now has a waterproof receiver box to keep the 2.4GHz receiver protected from the elements for glitch-free operation. A SF-10W waterproof steering servo and a waterproof SC-15WP speed control mean your RTR Sprint 2 Sport won't be stopped by wet conditions.
- Better Equipped: To help get your RTR Sprint 2 Sport running as quickly as possible, a rechargeable 7.2V Plazma 2000mAh battery pack and AC wall charger are now included, along with Plazma AA's for your transmitter. Just charge the battery and you're ready to start driving!
- Performance Driven Design: The RTR Sprint 2 Sport chassis is 4WD for consistent performance on a wide variety of surfaces, easy to drive, and has all of the features you need to adjust for a perfect set-up: camber, toe-in, ride height, Ackerman, and a wide variety of available shock oils and shock springs! With a big foam front bumper, reinforced molded nylon chassis, upper deck and shock towers, you'll see that the RTR Sprint 2 Sport can easily take the abuse of parking lot driving. The full ball bearing, dual belt, 4 wheel drive transmission is very efficient and capable of handling high power modified electric motors down to 10 turns.
- Electric Power: The RTR Sprint 2 Sport takes full advantage of all of the benefits of electric power; it's quiet, clean, powerful, and truly plug-and-play... no starter or fuel needed! Power comes from a Firebolt 15T motor, controlled by an electronic speed control for complete control over throttle, brakes, and reverse. 6 and 7 cell NiMh battery packs fit easily in the RTR Sprint 2 Sport, as well as 2S LiPo packs.
- Full Assembly Instructions: As with all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your car for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware. And the included HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
- The Complete Package: From authentic looks to full adjustability of the suspension geometry, the RTR Sprint 2 Sport is the complete package. 2.4GHz radio, full ball bearings, waterproof electronics, and silicone oil-filled shocks - it's all there on the RTR Sprint 2 Sport, precision built from the factory.
- Replica Falken Azenis RT Slick Tires
- Replica BBS Racing Wheels
- 2.4GHz operation for trouble free reception
- SC-15WP waterproof and reversible ESC for smooth and efficient motor control
- Nimble 4WD handling and easy to drive in all conditions
- Many existing Sprint 2 option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
- Adjustable shock positions to maximize suspension performance
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance and maximum reliability
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
- Ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
- Silicone oil-filled coil-over shock absorbers
- 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale touring car wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
- Pre-painted body with decals pre-applied
- Foam bumper protects the car from potentially damaging impacts
Length: 17in (431mm)
Height: 5in (127mm)
Width: 7.5in to 8.0”(190mm to 200mm) (adjustable using offset wheels)
Wheelbase: 10in (254mm)
Needed To Complete:
- Nothing! Everything required is included.
This product was added to our catalog on November 12, 2012.