HPI Racing Savage XL 5.9 Big Block 1/8 Scale RTR Monster Truck w/2.4GHz Radio
This is the latest addition to the Savage line-up! The Savage XL is the extra-large, extra-tough and extra-powerful big brother to the Savage X monster truck and now includes the HPI TF-20 2.4GHz radio system! For improved stability and handling, the Savage XL has a 55mm longer wheelbase and a 25mm wider track. With a longer wheelbase, wider stance and huge 5.9cc (.36 cubic inch) engine, the Savage XL is ready to rock and roll right out of the box. The HPI design team added strategically strengthened hop-up parts to tame the massive K5.9 power for unmatched durability. The Savage XL soaks up the rough stuff with ease because it’s the biggest, toughest, and most powerful Savage ever!
Awesome XL Looks!: The Savage XL definitely looks the part of the massive monster truck! The extended wheelbase is the perfect evolution of the Savage design, and the extended chassis and larger tires are a perfect match for the new, bigger ‘GT Gigante’ body!
The wide front grill and huge headlights of the GT Gigante body merge with the flared wheel arches front and rear for a huge ‘wow factor,’ adding to the impression of huge size and strength! The large Terra Pin tires fit the body perfectly for a scale monster truck look that’s sure to intimidate the opposition at your local bashing arena! But the Savage XL isn’t about just looking great, the HPI designers went all-out to make sure it performs as good as it looks!
High Quality 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum Radio: The reliable and sturdy HPI TF-20 2.4GHz radio controls the Savage XL, giving you superb control in a well-designed pistol-grip radio! The steering wheel design makes you feel as if you're actually driving the truck, and the trigger-style throttle and brake controls provide you with finger-sensitive action when accelerating and stopping! The radio transmitter features DSSS technology that eliminates the need for frequency crystals so you can drive with your friends without worrying about frequency conflicts or interference. The TF-20 has servo reverse switches, easy access to radio adjustments and simple AA battery replacement.
The steering for the XL is handled by the tough metal-gear HPI SF-50 high-torque servo, which has plenty of grunt to turn the front wheels at all speeds. A truck this size needs the power and torque of a strong servo, and the SF-50 is just the ticket. To make sure the servos have plenty of juice, the Savage XL includes a rechargeable HPI 1200mAh NiMH receiver battery pack and charger. Recharging is easy with the charging jack built into the radio box - just remove the rubber plug and insert the charging plug.
The HPI TF-20 radio gives you long-range and reliable communication with your truck. If you ever want to upgrade your electronics you'll find it extremely easy, because all of the electronics are standard-size RC components with standardized connectors. The components can be upgraded or replaced whenever you like, or even moved into a different RC vehicle in the future. The Savage XL will accept any standard-size servos and any 4- or 5-cell receiver battery pack.
- The Nitro Star K5.9 engine delivers massive torque and horsepower, and features ABC construction, a three needle carburetor with a 9.5mm inlet and a large heatsink head with a laser etched logo
- For improved stability and handling, the Savage XL has a 55mm longer wheelbase and a 25mm wider track.
- The Savage XL has over 3 inches (7.62 cm) of ground clearance allowing you to fly over obstacles with ease
- Rigid 3mm 6061 aluminum TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis for improved durability and strength.
- Full-time shaft drive 4WD system for maximum grip, power and grunt!
- Massive 160cc fuel tank for long run times and huge amounts of bashing and racing fun.
- Start your Savage XL quickly and easily with the Roto Start 2 electric starting system.
- Realistic matte chrome MAG-8 wheels with pre-glued Terra Pin tires and foam inserts.
- Large 17mm metal alloy hex hubs for durability under heavy loads
- The Terra Pin tires are nearly 7 inches in diameter with excellent grip on or off road
- Adjustable 3 speed transmission with heavy-duty metal internal gears and our high speed 3rd gear for extra speed.
- The Savage XL is equipped with twin vented disc brakes made from heat-resistant fiber material to give you more stopping power!
- 1200mAh NiMH receiver pack maximizes servo performance. An external jack allows you to charge the battery pack without removing the receiver cover.
- High quality 2-channel radio system included.
- Available With Your Choice of Blue Or Orange GT Gigante Body!
- Type: Extra Large 1/8 scale Monster Truck
- Scale: 1/8
- Length: 590mm
- Width: 450mm
- Wheelbase: 395mm
- Motor or Engine: K5.9 Big Block. 3.75 HP!!
- Kit/RTR: RTR
Needed to Complete:
- 20% Nitro Fuel
- Fuel Bottle
- Glow Starter
- (8) AA Batteries for Radio System
- (4) AA Receiver Batteries -OR- Rechargeable Receiver Battery & Compatible Charger
- 6 Cell Stick Pack & Compatible Charger
This product was added to our catalog on May 12, 2010.