HPI Racing 1/5 Baja 5B SS Kit w/Clear Body (26cc Gasoline Engine)
At the heart of the Baja SS is the Fuelie 26S 26cc engine, a tougher, stronger and more powerful engine than the standard 23cc Fuelie engine in the Baja 5B RTR buggy. With more displacement you get increased low-end grunt, more acceleration and huge top-end speed! The Fuelie 26S is a 2-stroke engine powered by regular pump petrol that is mixed with 2-stroke engine oil, so the running cost of the engine is extremely low when compared to any normal nitro powered glow engine. You'll spend just pennies per tank on fuel!
To handle the extra horsepower of the Fuelie 26S, the drivetrain of the Baja SS is boosted with specially designed option parts that can handle the power increase. Providing a boost of extra power is the Aluminum Tuned Pipe, which is designed just for the 26cc engine and gives even more acceleration power to the Baja SS. The 8000 RPM Clutch lets the engine rev up to a high RPM before engaging the drivetrain, giving you lightning-fast acceleration off the starting line and out of every corner. Protecting the differential is the Aluminum Alloy Diff Case, giving protection from the extreme strength of the engine. Finally, the Heavy Duty Rear Dogbones get the power from the diff to the rear wheels with chunky steel driveshafts and jointed rubber boots for minimal loss of power.
- Kit Version: Build your own Baja racing buggy from parts that come in the box. Add in your own radio gear for a fully customized Baja experience! Steering servo with metal gears is included.
- Fuelie 26S 26cc Engine: You'll get more power, increased torque and more speed than 23cc engine. Extra horsepower gives you the grunt to get over and through anything in your way!
- 8000 RPM Clutch: Launches the Baja 5B at higher RPM for more punch off the line and out of low-speed corners.
- Aluminum Tuned Pipe: Tuned for increased power and quicker acceleration. The kit also includes the stock muffler for quieter operation.
- Metal Gear Steering: Tough metal gears for extra durability and reliable steering in all conditions and at all speeds
- Heavy Duty Beadlocks: Reinforced design increases durability of the wheels and tires. Protects the sidewalls of your tires in hard cornering maneuvers.
- Front & Rear Sway Bars: Improves handling and gives quicker steering response.
- New Rear Shock Tower Brace: Relocates shocks for increased rear suspension travel for better traction and braking on rough ground.
- VVC/HD Pro Shock Set: New design VVC/HD shocks for improved handling over rough terrain. Large diameter shock shafts for increased durability.
- Heavy Duty Rear Dogbones: Metal construction for extra durability with high horsepower engines like the Fuelie 26S. Features rubber boots at both ends to keep dirt and rocks out of the joints
- Aluminum Alloy Diff Case: For increased drivetrain durability and extended time between maintenance and rebuilds. Perfect for the high output 26S Engine!
- Clear Pre-Cut Bodyshell: Crystal clear tough polycarbonate is ready for custom paint. Pre-cut to make painting and installation quick and easy. Also comes with pre-cut vinyl decals and protective overspray film.
- Gunmetal Main Chassis: Unique customized looks with a gunmetal-anodized 6061 T6 aluminum monocoque chassis. Super-rigid for supreme performance, it also looks amazing under the bodyshell!
- Orange Anodized SS Parts: From the shock caps to the engine plate and chassis braces, you can see lightweight anodized aircraft aluminum 6061 T6 parts that highlight the incomparable looks of the Baja SS chassis.
Width (front): 460mm
Width (rear): 480mm
Track (front): 395mm
Track (rear): 400mm
Weight: 9.6kg (without fuel)
Camber: adjustable front & rear
Caster: adjustable front
Toe-In: adjustable front & rear
Drive System: 2WD viscous diff
Tires (front & rear): HPI Dirt Busters
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System (minimum)
- Large scale throttle servo with 110oz-in of torque (minimum)
- (8) AA batteries
- 6V Hump Sub-C receiver battery pack & charger
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- 87 Octane pump gas (minimum)
- 2-cycle oil to mix with gas
- Tools for assembly
This product was added to our catalog on November 30, 2007.