This is an optional Avid RC Associated Carbon Motor Centering Kit. In an effort to further optimize the Associated B4.2, T4.2 and SC10.2, AVID has developed the Associated Motor Centering Set. These vehicles are all heavy on the left rear, which also makes an imbalance on the front tires. By shifting the motor, motorplate, and slipper 5mm towards the right, the balance is restored close to 50/50. Re-balancing the rear end weight also affects the front tire weights, and with the entire package back to equilibrium, you get a car that turns more predictably left and right. On the track, the car feels like it rotates faster and more evenly through both left and right turns. Stock racers will love the 6.7g savings in rotating mass!
- Improved weight bias for symmetric left/right hand rotation through turns.
- 7075 Aluminum Hard-Anodized Long Topshaft (weight 4.0g, 6.7 g rotating weight savings).
- Set includes 5mm carbon fiber spacer (2.4g), 5mm slipper spacer, and stainless steel mount screws.
- Fits all B4.2, T4.2, SC10.2, SC10B and previous models.
- Take apart the gearbox, pull the kit topshaft and spacer out. Put in the Avid topshaft and the blue tube goes on the outside now. Then add the motor plate spacer and motor plate with the longer screws to hold it on. Make sure and keep the washers under the screw head.
- The carbon fiber spacer has a tight fit when keying it onto the diff case extension where the topshaft goes through. To make this easier to install just take a reamer and open the hole up a hair. It doesn't take much to make a big difference.
This product was added to our catalog on December 2, 2013.
Thursday, Apr 2 2015 (about a year ago)
Avid RC Associated Carbon Motor Centering Kit
First of all, the light weight top shaft is super nice, but the included hardware required trimming for use with my sc10.2. The two shorter screws are the perfect length, but the two longer ones are wayy too long. I'm assuming this is to make the kit more universal. No sort of literature is included in the kit, so I who knows. So, buyer beware, customization will probably be required. I used some screw cutting crimping pliers to prevent any flashing and a good quality slide pocket ruler accurate to 1/64" to determine the cut.
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
Out Of Stock
You may back order this item and it will ship when it arrives in stock.
This item is eligible for $1.99 flat rate shipping Learn More
This item earns up to 28 VIP Reward Points Learn More
Please Log in to receive a notification when this item arrives in stock.
Manufacturer InfoBrowse other products from Avid RC