AKA Racing Wishbone 2 Wide Short Course Tires (Pre-Mounted) (Slash Rear) (2)
This is a pair of two AKA Racing Pre-Mounted Wishbone 2 Wide Short Course Tires. These tires are used on the rear of the Traxxas Slash, as well as the front and rear of the Traxxas Slash 4x4, Kyosho Ultima SC and HPI Blitz. The tread design of the original Wishbone tire featured a low profile tread pattern to keep lug squirm to a minimum on high bite surfaces. The Wishbone 2 grows on this design featuring an even denser tread pattern for more traction and longer tire wear making it ideal for indoor tracks. The Wishbone 2 tire also features a bigger footprint to create more traction while staying in spec with the 2.2/3.0 short course tire specifications.
AKA short course inserts feature an asymmetrical core to add additional support to the outer sidewall of short course tires. These have been designed to fit perfectly into the updated wider short course tire line but will fit other short course tires as well.
- Includes: Two pre-mounted tires with AKA closed cell inserts
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
- Assembly Quality: AKA Pre-Mounts are all hand assembled using AKA Premium tire glue and are double checked for adhesion quality. There is no doubt AKA has the best pre-mounts in the industry.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
This product was added to our catalog on August 26, 2014.