E-flite Twist 3D 480 ARF
This is the E-flite Twist 3D 480 Almost Ready to Fly Airplane. The E-flite Twist 3D 480 ARF is the ideal sport electric park flyer for the intermediate RC pilot that wants aerobatic mobility. In fact, the Twist 3D 480 is great for anyone just getting into aerobatics because it can easily be set up so that its large control surfaces move only enough for moderate agility. The lightweight construction gives the Twist 3D 480 outstanding low-speed control and friendly handling, even while performing extreme maneuvers. As your talent grows, simply increase the control surface throws and discover the world of 3D aerobatics.
The Twist 3D 480 builds quickly, plus the convenient size makes it perfect for getting in a quick flight on the go. The all-wood construction makes it very strong and its high contrast, genuine UltraCote covering will keep it looking good for a long time. Don't forget that the recommended E-flite electronics are perfectly matched to make the Twist 3D 480 the kind of sport model you can get tight with, or just hang loose.
- Brilliantly finished in genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote covering
- Light wing loading for excellent flying characteristics
- Two-piece wing with carbon tube support
- Open all-wood structure keeps weight to a minimum
- Generously proportioned control surfaces for outstanding 3D performance
- Large upper and lower easy-access magnetic hatches
- Durable aluminum landing gear painted to match covering
- E-flite Park 450 or Park 480 outrunner motor ready
- Includes hardware for quick build
Wingspan: 35.0 in (890mm)
Overall Length: 34.5 in (880mm)
Wing Area: 404 sq. in. (16.0 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 25.9-29.6 oz (735-840 g)
Motor Size: Park 450-480
Radio: 4-channel (minimum) radio system
Servos: (4) Sub-micro servos required
Trim Scheme Colors: UltraCote Cub Yellow (U884), True Red (U866), Deep Blue (U873), Transparent Red (U950)
CG (center of gravity): 3.5 in (89mm) back from leading edge
Wing Loading: 9.5 oz/sq. ft.
Prop Size: APC 11 x 7 - 12 x 6
Speed Control : 30-Amp
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 1800—2200mAh LiPo
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: 1-1/4 in up/down, 25% expo; High: 2 in up/down, 40% expo
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: 1-1/4 in up/down, 25% expo; High: 2-3/4 in up/down, 30% expo
Control Throw (Rudder): Low: 1-1/2 in left/right, 20% expo; High: 1-1/2 in right/left, 30% expo
Approx. Flying Duration: 6 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 1-3 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- 4+ channel full range Transmitter and Receiver radio system
- 450—480 size brushless outrunner Motor
- 30-Amp brushless ESC
- 3S 11.1V 1800—2200mAh 20—30C LiPo Battery
- 3S LiPo compatible balancing Charger
- (4) Sub-micro Servos
This product was added to our catalog on April 6, 2012.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Please Log in to receive a notification when this item arrives in stock.