E-flite Carbon-Z Cub Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Airplane
This is the E-flite Carbon-Z Cub Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Airplane. The Carbon-Z Cub is E-flite's first aircraft that delivers patented Carbon-Z strength and rigidity in a monstrous giant scale package. Like the full-scale Cub Crafters Carbon Cub SS airplane, this ultra-lightweight model by World Aerobatic Champion Quique Somenzini is astonishingly versatile whether your intention is to cruise gracefully or surprise scale admirers with envelope busting aerobatics. The extraordinary AS3X system keeps things under control, and its built into the included Spektrum AR635 receiver, allowing you to experience agility at a level that was never possible in the classic Cub form. Plus, it increases stability beyond what the original could deliver with a natural control feel no matter how you like to fly.
Based on a platform known for its legendary versatility, the Carbon-Z Cub makes giant scale so simple—now even more RC pilots can go big. Its enormous Tundra wheels tackle just about any terrain you choose to romp from, or you can easily mount the optional Carbon-Z Cub Float Set so no RC adventure boundaries stand in your way. A mechanism is included for towing sailplanes with wingspans as large as 3-meters and there’s even an optional camera mount so you can take one-of-a-kind images from a bird’s eye view. Even if you get carried away, the Carbon-Z structure is easy to repair.
A major part of what makes this giant scale icon so versatile is the control innovation package included as standard equipment such as the digital, metal-gear servos, and slop-free ball-link hardware. Because the included flaps are functional, greater control at low airspeeds is possible in addition to the ability to significantly shorten takeoff and landing distances.
Although this aircraft may look tame, its brushless power system has been specially developed to offer incredible muscle for unbelievable STOL performance as well as the versatility to excel as a multi-purpose aircraft. Practically all that’s left to do is to bind to your favorite DSM2®/DSMX® compatible 6-channel computer transmitter for airplanes, a 3200mAh 22.2V 30C Li-Po flight battery and balance Li-Po charger.
- Easy-to-complete final assembly
- Quique Somenzini design and attention to details
- Exceptionally strong, easy to repair, Carbon-Z® construction
- 5-channel control including functional flaps
- E-flite® 60-Amp Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC included
- Digital servo control including operational flaps installed
- Pre-hinged control surfaces with control links installed
- Plug-in wings and stabilizers
- High-grade socket-head hardware use throughout
- Hatch covers provide easy access and a wide range of battery options
- Included 3 meter sailplane aerotow mechanism requires just a single servo—sold separately
- The optional camera mount (EFL1045023) is ideal for aerial photographers—sold separately
- Floatplane ready when used with the Carbon-Z Cub Float Set (EFL1045016)—sold separately
Wingspan: 84.6 in (215 cm)
Overall Length: 55.8 in (142 cm)
Wing Area: 1100 sq. in. (71.0 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 8.15 lb (3.70 kg)
Motor Size: 50-size brushless outrunner (installed)
Radio: 6+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter (required)
Servos: (4) 26-gram MG mini servos, (2) 13-gram micro servos (installed)
CG (center of gravity): 4.72 in (120mm) back from leading edge of wing
Wing Loading: 17 oz/sq ft
Prop Size: 15 x 15.5 Electric (included)
Speed Control : 60-amp brushless (installed)
Recommended Battery: 22.2V 6S 3200mAh LiPo (requierd)
Approx. Flying Duration: 7 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Spinner Size: 2.64 in (67mm)
Needed To Complete:
- 6+ channel DSM2/DSMX programmable transmitter
- 22.V 6S 3200mAh LiPo flight battery
- Charger for flight battery
- Float set (EFL1045017)
- Camera mount (1045023)
- Tow release sevo (EFLR7155)
This product was added to our catalog on November 1, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...