This is Basic Model Railroading: Getting Started, from Kalmbach Publishing. From the basics of track laying, wiring, and maintaining locomotives to the finer points of scenery building, painting, weathering, and detailing models, every aspect of modeling is presented in this up-to-date reference. Packed with simple tips and techniques, as well as instructions for building a basic 4 x 8-foot HO scale layout with scenery.
- Glossy softcover 80 page book.
- This book is a comprehensive introduction to the vast and exciting world of railroad modeling.
- Book is filled to the brim with tasty, and helpful, photographs.
- The book is also full of helpful "how-to" information, including:
- Essential tools and supplies
- Track laying
- Train control systems, including Digital Command Control
- Easy-to-build realistic scenery
- Terminology used in prototype and model railroading
- And much more!