This is How to Build Realistic Scenery: 3rd Edition, from Kalmbach Publishing. Dave Frary, one of model railroading's best-known scenery modelers offers new techniques for adding realism to a layout of any size or scale and is an ideal book for beginning, intermediate, and advanced modelers planning a layout. Featuring today's newest products and equipment, this third edition of one of Kalmbach's top-sellers will attract modelers with contemporary images of diesel locomotives and urban settings, plus updates to Dave's trademark scenery “recipes.” Hundreds of photographs bring the techniques to life and make it easy for modelers to get started quickly. Includes new chapters on Western scenery and desert modeling, as well as city scenery and urban settings.
- Excellent paperback reference guide for creating scenery so true-to-life it fools the eye!
- Updated edition reflects the developments in modeling materials and techniques, as well as containing detailed full color how-to photographs.
- Explains how to:
- Plan your scenery
- Build the forms and shells that support your layout
- Make scale rocks and rubble
- Create trees and foliage for all 4 seasons
- Use texture to add depth to your layout
- Model realistic bodies of water
- Build a foreground and add a backdrop
- Use natural-looking ballast to blend in your track
- Straight forward construction techniques with plenty of clear color images to take you through the process step by step.
- Listing of all the products, manufacturers, and suppliers.