This is the Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz FAAST Helicopter/Airplane Radio System. Whether you pilot park flyers or large models with a full range of capabilities, you"ll greatly benefit from the computerized Futaba 6EX — a system that brings the unmatched advantages of 2.4GHz FASST (Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology) to the finest 6-channel aircraft/helicopter radio available!
The heart of the FASST system is the R617FS receiver: there's no other 2.4Ghz receiver like it!
- Size and weight: The R617FS measures 1-11/16 x 1-1/8 x 3/8 inches and weighs just 6.4 grams without the case...perfect for park flyers, but powerful enough to easily control giant-scale models too. It's the best of both worlds!
- Full-range capability: The competition's full-range system includes a bigger, two-piece receiver; a smaller park flyer receiver must be purchased separately. The compact R617FS unit offers “all-in-one” convenience!
- Antenna stress relief: Unlike other receivers, the R617FS uses rubber grommets to minimize stress on the antennas. This helps prevent the antenna wire from fraying, and possibly putting your model at risk.
- Installation ease: The single R617FS unit can be installed without making any modifications. The competitor's 2.4GHz system requires that their two receivers be mounted in separate locations.
- Number of connections: The competition's two receivers mean two additional connection points, doubling the potential for a problem.
Futaba's FASST (Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology) shifts every two milliseconds virtually eliminating signal conflicts and interruptions unlike other 2.4GHz systems that only stay on one or two frequencies. Dual antenna diversity enables the FASST system to automatically and seamlessly select the best reception between the two antennas built into the receiver ensuring that the aircraft stays under constant control of transmitter regardless of altitude.
Pre-Vision Packet Screening technology scans incoming data for potential problems and applies sophisticated error correction techniques for solid impenetrable link with model. The Easy Link system features a unique ID code in the transmitter that links to the receiver insuring that receiver only follows commands from this transmitter-with over 134 million possible codes there is no chance for a conflict. No hassle Fail Safe programmed through transmitter-no complicated set-up steps or binding plugs. When performing a ground check, the Power Down function allows modeler to reduce power from up to 50+ paces away-like retracting the antenna on a conventional transmitter. Purpose built custom IC chips for key functions; no off-the-shelf IC chips.
Standard Programming Functions:
- Model Select: six model memory.
- Model Type: select airplane or heli programming in one transmitter.
- Servo Reversing: on all six channels.
- Dual Rate/Exponential: for ailerons, elevator and rudder.
- End Point Adjustment: fine-tunes servo throws on all six channels.
- Digital Trim: stores trim settings for each model for aileron, elevator, rudder and throttle.
- Fail Safe: a safety throttle setting in case of loss of transmitter signal.
- Battery Fail Safe: moves the throttle to a preset position when the airborne pack reaches 3.8V.
- Stick Mode: choose from Mode 1 through 4.
- Range Checking: Power Down reduces transmitter output power for up to one minute, allowing range checking from 50 paces away.
- Changeable Throttle Stick: select ratchet for airplanes or smooth for helis.
- Adjustable Stick Length: choose the length that suits your flying style.
Airplane-Specific Programming Functions:
- Wing Mixing: for flaperon, flap trim, V-tail and elevon.
- Trainer System: with the transmitter as either the master or student system. Compatible with other Futaba systems.
- Throttle Cut: pre-programmed for safely shutting off the engine.
- Programmable Mixing (1 & 2): two different mixes allow any two channels to be combined.
Helicopter-Specific Programming Functions:
- Pitch Curves: 5-Point Normal and Idle Up Throttle/Pitch Curves.
- Throttle Hold: for autorotation.
- Revo (Revolution Mixing): mixes rudder and pitch together.
- Gyro Mixing: two gyro gain settings can be programmed and selected during flight.
- Swash to Throttle Mixing: corrects slowing of the engine's speed caused by the swashplate.
- Swashplate Types: choose from 1S (independent aileron, pitch and elevator servos linked to the swashplate), 3S (120° CCPM), or 3E (90° CCPM).
- Swash AFR: Adjustable Function Rate, for use with 1S, 3S or 3E swash types.
6EX Transmitter Specifications:
Power Supply: 9.6V
Current Drain: 170mA
R617FS Receiver Specifications:
Size: 1.6x1.1x.35" (40x27x9mm)
Power Requirement: 4.8 - 6V
Current Drain: 80mA (at no signal)
Weight: .35oz (10g) with case / .25oz (7g) without case
- Futaba 6EX Transmitter
- NT8F600B 9.6V 600mAh Transmitter Battery
- 120V AC Battery Charger
- R617FS 7-Channel Receiver
- Switch Harness-Mini J FM
- Neck Strap