Thousands of pilots have earned their wings with the Hangar 9 Alpha trainer. Now, Hangar 9 introduces an updated version of this ever-popular traditional high-wing trainer with the added benefit of DSM2 technology that provides freedom from frequency restrictions and interference. And, this Alpha has a completely modernized look that makes it a great-flying and great-looking aircraft.
The Alpha 40 DSM2 RTF is the first glow trainer to come equipped with Spektrum’s advanced DX5e 2.4GHz DSM2™ 5-channel full-range aircraft system. Besides providing freedom from frequency restrictions and interference, the DX5e’s DSM2 technology offers superior performance secure link for glitch-free performance. The system also includes the Spektrum AR500 Receiver.
Other DX5e features include:
The DX5e is not only perfectly suited for the Alpha 40––it can also be used to fly just about any type of model where 5 channels are appropriate due to its full-range capabilities.
- Full-range capability
- Secure link for glitch-free performance
- HI and LO rates for beginner and advanced pilots
- Servo reversing
- Delta wing mixing
- Digital trims
- Includes 4 AA Alkaline batteries
- Audible low voltage warning
- LED voltage display
- Charge jack for Ni-MH batteries
- Compatible with all existing Spektrum aircraft receivers
With the ready-to-fly Alpha Trainer from Hangar 9, success is all but assured, thanks to its gentle, beginner-friendly flight characteristics and the ingenious, hassle-free Evolution Trainer Power System that makes the Alpha the easiest-starting, smoothest-running trainer available. With the engine and radio gear installed, the Alpha 40 is ready to fly in the just minutes. This easy-to-fly trainers is perfect for first-time pilots because of its super-stable, self-righting flight characteristics. And, club instructors will find the Alpha 40 to be the most valuable tool for teaching new pilots the basics of RC flight.
- Completely built and ready to fly in minutes.
- Equipped with Spektrum’s DX5e 5-channel, full-range 2.4GHz DSM2 radio system
- Hassle-free Evolution Trainer Power System installed
- Easy-to-fly, traditional high-wing trainer perfect for first-time pilots
- Super-stable, self-righting flight characteristics
- Hangar 9 quatlity balsa and plywood construction
Wingspan: 63 in (1600mm)
Overall Length: 52.5 in (1334mm)
Wing Area: 710 sq in (45.8 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 5.25 lb (2.4 kg)
Engine Size: Evolution Power Trainer System (installed)
Radio: Spektrum DX5e 5-channel 2.4GHz DSM2 system w/AR500 receiver (installed)
Servos: Hangar 9 standard servos (installed)
Prop Size: Evolution 3-Blade Trainer System Propeller (included)
Spinner Size: 2" (included)
Approx. Flying Duration: 10-12 minutes
Experience Level: Beginner
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour