This is the Great Planes Viper 500 ARF .25-.46 52" Airplane Kit. With a 2-stroke .25 and separated elevator/rudder control, the Viper 500 is a fun, everyday sport model. Use V-tail mixing and a larger engine, and it becomes a fiery, ultra-competitive "club racer"...and it's AMA-legal for Quickie 500 in 424 and 428 classes!
World-famous airfoil designer Dr. Michael Selig created the airfoil specifically for Quickie 500 racing. Great Planes adds performance-boosting "extras", including a perfectly formed engine mounting plate and to minimize drag, specially engineered wheels and mounting hardware and recessed wing hold down bolts.
- Assembles in as little as 6-8 hours!
- Carbon fiber reinforced, wood/foam wing (on white and red versions) arrives covered in Top Flite® MonoKote® film.
- Bolt-on tail provides accurate alignment for fast assembly, and can also be removed for easy transportation.
- Includes "multi-fit," backplate-type, metal engine mount and low-drag nylon wheels.
- Precovered in red MonoKote
Wingspan: 52 in (1320 mm)
Wing Area: 504 in² (32.5 dm²)
Weight: 3-3.4 lb (1360-1530 g)
Wing Loading: 13.7-15.4 oz/ft² (42-47 g/dm²)
Length: 41.3 in (1050 mm)
Engine Required: 2-stroke .25-.46 cu in
Radio Required: 4-channel for sport flying; 6-channel or higher for racing, with V-tail mixing; 4 standard servos
Needed to Complete:
- 4 to 6 Channel airplane radio system & lightweight receiver pack
- .25 to .46 cu in [4.0 – 7.5cc] two-stroke engine & pipe
- (2) 9" Servo extensions
- (4) Mid size, or standard size servos with at least 35 oz-in of torque