This is the Hangar 9 Spitfire Mk II 60. Supermarine’s line of single-seat Spitfire aircraft were extremely popular with Royal Air Force pilots during World War II. Spitfires were very fast,maneuverable fighters that Supermarine continued to produce in quantity well after the war was over. The Mk.II version began serving in the winter of 1940, relegating the Mk.I’s to trainer duty.
Hangar 9 introduces its .60-size model of the venerable British fighter. The Spitfire Mk.II 60 ARF offers realistic scale detail, such as full-function split flaps and a period-accurate UltraCote trim scheme, that is certain to make this warbird a favorite at the flying field.
The Spitfire Mk.II 60 ARF is part of Hangar 9’s complete line of top-quality aircraft and accessories. Their trainer, performance and scale airplanes are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials, such as the exclusive UltraCote® covering. Just as important, with every Hangar 9® product, you’ll get the service and technical support you need to succeed.
- Outstanding scale warbird looks
- Functioning split flaps
- Sport aerobatic characteristics
- Factory-installed outward retracting landing gear
- Contoured landing gear doors fit flush with wing
- High-quality prepainted fiberglass cowl
- Lightweight balsa-and-ply laser-cut construction
- Covered in authentic Hangar 9 UltraCote
- Wingspan: 65.25 in (1657mm)
- Overall Length: 55.5 in (1410mm)
- Wing Area: 751 sq in (48.4 sq dm)
- Flying Weight: 8–9.5 lb (3.6–4.3 kg)
- Engine Size: .60 2-stroke; .91-1.00 4-stroke
- Radio: 6 channels w/7 servos
- Trim Scheme Colors: Olive Drab (HANU904), Cocoa (HANU876) & Light Gray (HANU882)
Needed To Complete:
- 6-channel radio system
- (6) standard servos
- (1) retract servo
- 3.5 inch Parabolic Spinner