This is the Scorpion 30A 6-Cell Brushless ESC with Switching BEC. The Scorpion Switching BEC Series Brushless Speed Controllers represent one of the best values in the speed controller market today. From the beautiful gold anodized heatsinks, to the unique metal containers that the ESC's are shipped in, everything about Scorpion Speed Controllers shows the company's commitment to quality. These ESC's are manufactured from top quality components, in a state of the art manufacturing facility, and are designed to provide years of trouble free operation.
Each Scorpion 6-cell Speed Controller includes a built-in Switching Style BEC circuit. This BEC provides a regulated output of 5.7 volts, and can deliver 3 amps of continuous current with 4 amp bursts. With a Switching type BEC, you do not need to de-rate the BEC as the input voltage increases. The full 3 amps of BEC current is available for any input between 2-cell and 6-cell Li-Po operation.
These new 6-cell Speed Controllers also offer a unique wireless programming system that is a first in the RC Model Industry. Unlike other ESC manufacturers, who require you to buy an add-on programming module to gain full functionality of the controller, Scorpion provides a full feature Programming Card with EVERY speed controller sold, at no Extra Charge!
The new wireless programming system consists of a postage stamp size IR receiver module that mounts in your model, and a credit card sized IR Transmitter that easily fits in your pocket or toolbox. The IR receiver plugs into the throttle channel of your radio receiver, and then the Speed Controller plugs into the IR Receiver board. To program the ESC, you simply flip the switch on the IR Receiver board to the program position, point the transmitter at the IR receiver board, type in the parameter you want to adjust and hit the Enter button. The IR board will give you a flashing light and a motor tone to acknowledge the command. Once you are finished programming, you simply flip the switch on the IR Receiver board to the Run position. This will re-boot the ESC and enter the new program into memory. After this is complete, you can fly your aircraft.
Programming your ESC has never been easier! There is no need to dig the receiver out of the plane, No need to unplug any cables, and no more dragging a laptop computer to the flying field! Programming your ESC is as easy as changing channels on your TV!
The adjustable parameters on the Scorpion 6-cell ESC's include many extra options not found on other controllers. These options include:
- Low Voltage Cutoff: Adjustable from 5.0 to 25.0 volts in 0.5 volt increments
- Brake Setting: Adjustable in 5 steps from No Brake to Very Hard Brake
- LVC Cut-off Type: 50% power, Pulsed Output and No cut-off are available
- Motor Acceleration Delay: Slows motor response for use with gear box motors. Adjustable in 5 steps from 0.15 to 1.3 Seconds
- Current Overload Protection: Can be turned on or off to suit your preference
- PWM Frequency: Adjustable to 8KHz, 16 Khz, or 32 Khz
- Soft Start Mode: Slows down motor spool-up for Helicopter use
- Motor Rotation: Adjustable to normal or reverse rotation
- Motor Timing: 6 options available, Auto Detect, 5°, 15°, 20°, 25°, and 30°
- Governor Mode: For Helicopter use, 5 settings are available 50%, 60%, 70%, 80% and 90% throttle
- Starter Boost: For starting very High Kv motors that can be difficult to start
Scorpion Speed Controllers also include all of the ESC parameters clearly labeled on the heatsink assembly. Voltage range, current rating, BEC rating, and input polarity are all clearly marked to avoid any confusion. Scorpion 6-cell Switching BEC Series Speed Controllers are also backed by a 2 year manufacturers warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, so you can buy with confidence. For a total package of Quality, Performance and Value, use Scorpion Brushless Speed Controllers.
Weight (Without Connectors): 39 gm (1.38 oz)
Max Continuous Current: 30 Amps
Operating Voltage Range: 5 to 26 Volts
Max BEC Output : 4 Amps @ 5.7 V
Size: 70 x 30 x 10 mm (2.76 x 1.18 x 0.39 in)