The Avant Aurora is the helicopter that redefined the design concepts commonly found in advanced 3D RC helicopters. After extensive testing, refinement, and technological breakthroughs, the Aurora has become known as an unequaled combination of strength, reliability and style, with unparalleled flight characteristics. It flies light and nimble, with the precision of a hardcore 3D contest machine. The Aurora uses both the tried-and-true CCPM system with the Avant RigidCore Flybarless Head and combines them with a design that takes state of the art high performance helicopters to a new level.
The RigidCore flybarless head features a dampening design that is an exquisite balance of the rigidity required for extreme performance and majestic ballet-like flight precision. This head is capable of incredibly fast forward flight speeds without the drawbacks seen in other fully rigid heads when trying to fly or auto smoothly. The head yoke is a work of art in itself and inherits a blend of performance and unparalleled style that you have come to expect from all Avant products. The Special Edition Main Shaft (AVR-AV900237), has been included to handle the rigors of high power 1.20 class engines, and is stout enough to take the punishment with ease. This is a head that your FBL system will feel at home with and respond to with precision and ease.
Note: If using engines larger than .91 must use optional Avant 1.20 Engine Reinforcement Kit.
- Includes Avant "RigidCore" Flybarless Head & SE Main, and Spindle Shafts!
- Ultra-compact and lightweight design
- Tried-and-true CCPM system
- Slim design with low front profile for a low drag coefficient
- Optimized servo locations allow easy access and short lead runs
- Low parts count makes it extremely easy to repair and maintain
- All wiring inside the frames leaving no clutter
- innovative slanted battery plate with replaceable straps
- Rugged torque tube system
- Carbon tail boom for extra stiffness and lightweight
- Ample room for today's large engine heads
- All parts precisely machined by completely automated systems guaranteeing part to part consistency
- Wear pads on the bottom of the landing gear struts to extend their life
- Very high end painted canopy
- A generous 22 ounce fuel tank capacity allows for longer flights and more time for practicing.
- Work of art tail case is lightweight and rugged with an innovative gear system
- The pinion and clutch are precisely machined to the highest engineering standards
Compatible blade sizes: 690mm, 700mm, 710mm & 720mm
Tail Blade size: 100mm-107mm
Suitable Engine Size: .91 - 1.20 class glow long stroke
Stock Gear Ratio: Main: 8.25:1 Tail: 4.9:1
Suitable Radio: 7CH Helicopter radio
Fuselage Length: 1426mm
Fuselage Width: 123mm
Total Height: 465mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 1595mm @ 710mm main blades
Tail Rotor Diameter: 280mm @ 105mm Tail blades
Main Blade Mounting: 14mm root, 5mm hole
Note: Main blades, tail blades, flybarless electronics, engine & radio are not included!