This is the Blade 500 3D Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Helicopter. The Blade® 500 3D BNF Basic is designed for intermediate to experienced heli pilots who want a big, powerful 3D machine they can simply bind to their existing DSM2™/DSMX® transmitter and fly. It comes out of the box equipped for aggressive 3D with an E-flite® 520H 1320Kv brushless motor and an E-flite 70A S-BEC brushless ESC. This awesome power is complemented by the kind of state-of-the-art electronics and engineering you would expect to find in more expensive kits that take hours to build.
In Depth Features:
- 425mm Carbon Fiber Main Blades: These high-performance rotor blades minimize weight without giving up strength so you can aggressively push the limit of your 3D abilities with complete confidence and absolute precision.
- Single-Piece, Carbon Side Frames: Rigid, lightweight, carbon side frames play a big part in keeping control response crisp and precise.
- CNC-Machined Aluminum Head Block: A rigid, lightweight aluminum head block provides maximum precision during 3D maneuvers.
- CNC-Machined Aluminum Swash Plate: The aluminum swashplate is tough enough to handle the rigors of extreme 3D maneuvers and delivers precise cyclic and collective response at every corner of the flight envelope.
- Triple Ball Bearing Supported Hardened Steel Main Shaft: Ball bearings support the main shaft at the top and bottom of the drive gears, as well as the top of the frame.
- Spektrum Digital Servos: Spektrum S300 digital servos on the swash maintain maximum control authority during the most aggressive maneuvers while the extra speed of the S400G digital tail servo provides instantaneous tail response.
- E-flite® 520H 1320Kv Brushless Motor: This proven brushless motor will consistently produce more than enough power for demanding 3D maneuvers.
- E-flite® 70A S-BEC Speed Control: This robust speed controller is engineered to efficiently channel the high-current flow of most any high-C 6S Li-Po battery.
- Aluminum Tail Boom: The stiff, aluminum tail boom keeps tail response crisp and precise.
- Belt-Driven Tail Rotor with Thrust Bearings in the Grips: The smooth, efficient belt drive is complemented by the durability and precision of thrust bearings in the tail blade grips.
- Weighted Tail Blade Hardware: Specially weighted blade mounting screws boost the speed and precision of the tail's response and reduces tail servo load during hard 3D maneuvers.
- Ideal for pilots ready to transition to high-performance 3D helis
- Engineered for aggressive 3D flight
- Belt-driven tail rotor with weighted tail blade hardware
- Spektrum AR6210 6-Channel DSMX receiver installed
- E-flite® 520H 1320Kv brushless motor installed
- E-flite 70A S-BEC brushless ESC installed
- E-flite G210HL Micro Heading Lock MEMS Gyro installed
- Requires 6S 2800-3000mAh 30C Li-Po battery with charger, and 6+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible computer transmitter with helicopter programming (sold separately).
Type: Electric 500-size collective-pitch helicopter
Main Rotor Diameter: 38.2" (969mm)
Tail Rotor Diameter: 7.8" (198mm)
Gross Weight: 4.06 lb (1.84 kg)
Length: 33.5" (850mm)
Main Gear Ratio: 10.4:1
Tail Ratio: 4.66:1
Motor Size: 520H
Kit/ARF/RTF: BNF Basic
Control System: CCPM 120
Rotor Blade Length: 425mm
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No
Needed To Complete:
- 6+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible computer transmitter with helicopter programming
- 22.2V 6S 2800-3000mAh 30C Li-Po battery
- 6S Li-Po balancing charger