This is an optional MicroHeli Precision Tail Set 3, and is intended for use with the Align T-REX 450 X, 450 XL and 450 SE helicopters. The MicroHeli Precision Tail Set 3 is an innovative design in pursuit of a zero slop and bind free solution for the T-REX 450. With a total of 18 precision bearings in the tail system, this is absolutely the best tail system for the T-REX available on the market. It differentiates itself from other designs in many ways:
The hinged type tail pitch slider design offers dual support positions on both sides with dual ball bearing connections to ensure total fitness and absolute slop free links. The tail pitch slider itself also is equipped with double precision bearings to ensure slop free and great smoothness. The brass sleeve in the tail pitch slider is done on highest precision machine with tolerance of +/- 0.001mm so that the tail pitch slider always moves accurately on the tail shaft. This will ensure a slop free experience in all 3 dimensions. Unlike other Tail Set versions which employ blue plastic horns for connection between the tails pitch slider to the tail rotor, this new design employs new CNC hinged arms to eliminate any possible bind when the tail pitch slider moves to extreme ends on each direction. The Tail Set 3 arms donít use plastic ball ends to connect to the tail rotor but use two precision miniature bearings for precision control. It is a big improvement over stock design which has plastic ball end connections that can wear out over time. All of the bearings used in this tail are the smallest types of bearings on the market. After years of selecting bearings, MicroHeli can the offer the smallest precision bearings for lightest weight and great looks. This advantage helps reduce the weight to a minimum while maintaining superior performance and a great outlook.
- The bell crank in this tail system is a dual arm design with a total of 4 precision bearings. This design offers dual support to the tail pitch slider with ball bearing connections instead of pin connection to get zero slop performance. The bell crank base is also utilizes double precision flanged bearings for super smoothness. MicroHeli uses expensive flanged bearings to prevent the chance of bearings falling out of the hub during flight. The most important feature that this bell crank offers is the ability to allow flexibility between the bell crank and the tail pitch slider via the dual bearing arms which serve as bridges to avoid any possible chances of binding in any extreme movement directions. This innovative design is the only one in the market that offers both a hinged tail pitch slider and a hinged bell crank. Together they create an excellent system the guarantees zero slop and zero binding in the tail system.
- The system comes with a CNC pulley and a precision hardened stainless steel tail shaft. MicroHeli is the only company that offers a CNC machined hardened stainless steel shaft with extreme tolerance to ensure absolute straightness. The shaft is designed longer than stock shafts so that the bell crank has true 90į angle toward the tail boom at zero pitch tail blade position.
- The precision tail rotor comes with a steel hub to eliminate any possible tail rotor hub failure due to high speed of the tail. With this tail rotor hub, everyone can feel much more secure flying at any speed. This is very important for the safety of every flyer.
- Overall, this MicroHeli Precision Tail Set 3 provides a super smooth, zero slop, zero binding solution for the tail. It is factory assembled to ensure all components are working well together and offers an extremely easy assembly process. It takes virtually a minute or two to assemble the tail blades and plug the whole system into the tail boom.
- 100% Precision CNC machined Aluminum and Delrin
- Pre-assembled, 18 precision miniature bearings
- Dual-arm hinged bell crank to offer a smooth, zero slop and zero binding system
- Dual support hinged tail pitch slider to offer a smooth, zero slop and zero binding system
- Steel tail rotor hub for safety
- Stylish design
- Available in blue and silver
- Weight: 25.4 grams with all hardware
- (1) CNC Tail Pulley
- (1) CNC hardened steel tail shaft 3x45mm
- (1) CNC Dual arm bell crank
- (1) CNC Tail Pitch Slider
- Total 18 precision miniature bearings
- All hardware