This is an optional KDE Direct Battery Tray System, and is intended for use with the Outrage Fusion 50 series helicopters. This system replaces the stock Outrage part OTRRF50341-SS and OTRRF50342-SS. The Fusion 50 Electric Series Battery Tray System provides a significant increase in frame stiffness, battery retention/protection, and an innovative installation assembly for the best flight experience. With a lowered-tray orientation, setups up to 12S-5000mAh LiPo power systems can be used for the highest-power, high-intensity flights never before possible with the stock platform. Installing the batteries into the helicopter has never been easier; simply insert the Tray Assembly from the side of the helicopter (no need to remove the canopy for flight-after-flight ease), position the guide features to the precision-machined Frame Mounts, and tighten the captive knurl thumbscrews for a strong and vibration-resistant hold to the power system for any flying style.
NOTE: Due to the innovative design and orientation, an easy modification to the stock carbon side frames is required. See the detailed instructions on the modifications and procedures for proper assembly here.
Weight (design is FEA optimized for maximum strength and minimum weight):
- Frame Mount: 22g
- Battery Tray: 70g
- Battery Tray Cover Plate: 2g
- (1) Fusion 50 Electric Series Battery Tray System
- (2) Fusion 50 Electric Series Battery Tray System Frame Mounts
- (1) Fusion 50 Electric Series Battery Tray System Battery Tray
- (2) Fusion 50 Electric Series Battery Tray System Battery Tray Cover Plates
- (8) M3x0.5x10mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (2) 8-32 Captive Knurl Thumb-Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel, 6061-T6 Case)
- (2) 8-32 Nylon-Insert Jam Locknuts (Zinc-Plated Class 8 Alloy Steel)
- (4) M2.5x0.45x4mm Button Head Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (4) KDE Direct LiPo Retaining Straps