This is the Team Durango DNX408 "V2" 1/8 Scale Competition Nitro Buggy Kit. The DNX408v2 includes many of the redesigned and improved parts Team Durango has developed for the DNX408 over the past year. With an updated fuel tank, radio box, combined PT (personal transponder) and throttle mount, stronger bumper and differential case, tougher shock diaphragms and wing mounts, the DNX408v2 is ready to take your racing to the next level.
All of the updated parts have been tried, tested and approved by our team of drivers and professional engineers to give you the winning edge. Combined with race-proven features from the original car, the DNX408v2 is a serious race machine.
Updated V2 Features:
- Fuel Tank: The pressure pipe has been relocated from the side of the tank to the lid, resulting in a more consistent pressure inside the tank. Also, the neck of the fuel filler has been re-profiled to work with the Team Durango fuel gun (TDR390082) and other aftermarket fuel guns. Finally, the v2 fuel tank is made from a high-transparency material to make it easier to see exactly how much fuel is inside your tank.
- Radio Tray: The updated radio box has much more space for your chosen receiver, which means you can make your wiring as tidy as possible. The aerial is now mounted to the part of the receiver box that stays in the car, so even when the receiver box lid is removed, the aerial stays in position. Also, the v2 receiver box has a cool hinged door for inserting and removing the receiver batteries. This means that the batteries and receiver compartment are now fully independent.
- Combined Transponder and Throttle Mount: The combined personal transponder (PT) and throttle mount has improved stiffness and rigidity. By relocating the PT holder, you now have much easier and improved access to the brake-bias linkage, making alterations faster and uncomplicated. The PT holder now stays fixed to the removable radio tray, so the whole assembly can be removed for ease of maintenance.
- Bumper and Nose: The tougher bumper positively locates onto the front differential cover, making the bumper extremely durable. It is just as easy to remove the front differential as it was before, but now the whole front bumper/differential case assembly is a lot stronger.
- Shock Diaphragms: The v2 diaphragms have been re-profiled and made slightly thicker to prevent them from tearing. This also gives your Team Durango big bore shocks more consistency and feel, especially over long finals.
- Wing Mounts: Durango has increased the strength of these items. By reducing the number of mounting holes to two (high and low, as used by the Pro racing team) Durango has been able to dramatically increase the strength of this part.
Standard DNX408 Features:
- Easy Access Differentials: Differential tuning is a big part of 1/8 nitro off-road racing, so like the World Championship and Reedy race winning 1/10th scale car, (DEX410) Durango made differential access super simple on the DNX408v2. Not only are you more likely to get your differentials optimized on even the tightest of race schedules, there is no risk of upsetting your suspension set-up when removing and replacing your differentials.
- Differential Case Design: Machined alloy bearing holders and a 'floating', stress-free, differential case assembly make for a truly low maintenance, long-life, maximum power transmission system.
- Low Center of Gravity: Designed to have a low center of gravity, the DNX408v2 gives you the confidence to push for PB lap times, without falling-off the race track.
- Universal Engine Mount: Team Durango's precision machined one-piece engine mount prevents crankcase flex and engine problems. The gold memory-mount plate means if you need to take if off the chassis it 'remembers' precisely the gear mesh setting.
- 15mm Big Bore Shocks: Big bore and beautiful. Team Durango's 15mm big bore shocks keep your DNX408v2 planted, and with the optional shock spring sets (TDR230019 and TDR230020), you can be sure to get the right set-up for any track and condition.
- Dirt Control: Molded rubber boots and splash-guards help you finish your race, even on the dirtiest tracks. Low-maintenance and reduced wear of CVDs and shock shafts are another benefit of being booted and booted.
- Central Spine: A 5mm thick lightened chassis, only 104mm wide, precision machined alloy bulkheads and careful positioning of the engine mount and center bulkheads makes for a super-strong central spine of the car.
- Equal Length Central Drive Shafts: Both center drive shafts are the same length, which means fewer, different, spare parts required in your pit box.
- Piston Action Brakes: The brake piston pushes exactly on the middle of the brake pad, and the all-machined bulkheads and brake-pad mounts result in zero flex and maximum feel.
- Angled Steering: The steering bell cranks follow the line of the suspension kick-up, preventing unwanted bump-steer.
Length: 405mm (15.9in)
Width: 302mm (11.9in)
Wheelbase: 325-333mm (12.8-13.1in)
Weight (race-ready): 3500g (8.4lb) approx.
Needed to Complete:
- .21 Class Engine
- Tuned Exhaust System
- 2-Channel Radio System
- (2) High Torque Servo
- Receiver Battery
- Glow Driver
- Starting System
- Nitro Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Paint for Polycarbonate Body
- Tires, Wheels & Glue
- Charger for Receiver Battery and Starter Box Battery