This is the Serpent S411 ERYX 2.0 1/10 Scale 4WD Electric Touring Car Kit. The Serpent 411 ERYX 2.0 is the next big development stage for the 411 platform. Featuring an ultra low center of gravity, lighter, optimized weight distribution, high performance geometry and continued top quality materials throughout, the S411 should see you in the winner’s circle in no time. In fact everything associated with this car is of the highest quality, from the packaging and supplied manuals, right through to the product and race support.
Key Updated Items:
- Lighter gear differential with composite gears and coated aluminum outdrives; less rotating mass and smoother
- Lowered steering system; for more direct steering feel and lower CG
- Innovative floating servo-holder combined with steering-system; for less flex-influence
- Lower shock towers front and rear for lower CG
- Super-Short RCM shocks with softer membranes (same springs as before) for lower CG and improved shock action
- Updated 2.25mm chassis plate for mounting split blocks
- Split suspension brackets for more flex, front 1-0 + 1-0 and rear 0-2 + 0-2 mirror
- Improved harder suspension arms front and rear and C-hubs for more traction
- Kit includes 2 type of aluminum support brackets for the motor mount, allowing more or less flex.
- Lighter Gear Differential: The gear differential housing is super compact and light already. For the differential the small and large gears inside are made from a very durable and smooth composite, and the aluminum axles are replaced by a composite X-shape axle. The steel drive cups are replaced by coated aluminum ones. The result is less rotating mass and a smoother differential action. The sintered aluminum gears and still used in the diff-case, and some drivers also combine aluminum and composite gears for different gear-diff feel/action.
- Lowered Steering System for Lower CG: The steering posts are a much lower version than before, resulting in a lower CG and a more direct steering feel.
- Innovative Floating Servo-Holder: The system is mounted directly to the steering-system, and a carbon fiber holder flows around the servo, and the servo thus floats above the chassis. The direct connection to the steering system and thus to the center of the car, makes it the optimal solution, and it also keeps the CG even lower and weight more centered in the car.
- Super Short RCM Shocks: Serpent redesigned the RCM shocks to make them shorter to mount them lower in the car and lower CG. This was achieved while at the same time keeping the same travel and volume as before, and also enabling the use of the same shock springs as before (or any other you may like to use). Softer membranes make the update complete. Same SS shocks used front and rear.
- Lower Shock Towers for Lower CG: The lower carbon shock towers enable lower mounting of the shocks, and thus a lower CG. The shock towers offer multiple angle positions. The front shock tower allows mounting a 3rd bodypost
- 2.25mm Chassis Plate & Split Block Suspension Brackets: Split inner suspension brackets are used to allow more chassis flex. Serpent has been tested the use of split suspension blocks since the 2012 World Championship. On the front and rear, the inner suspension mounts are now split type blocks. The holders are made in such a way that they can be used on either the left or right side and have different settings that way, mirrored. The kit also includes 0.5mm spacers for further fine tuning.
- Improved Harder Suspension M Arms & C-hubs: The front and rear arms have been beefed up by adding material in some areas. Stress simulation software was used to analyze the flex so material was added in exactly the right locations. Also the composite material used is a harder version. Same for the c-hubs. H type arms (even harder than M arms) will follow later this year.
- Lower Mid-Shaft Holder: 1mm lower to allow more flex of the top plate. You can also adjust the top plate to have reduced flex if needed.
- Motor Mount Brackets: Kit includes two types of aluminum support brackets for the motor mount, allowing more or less flex. Both versions are included, so you may choose the optimal bracket for your track conditions.
Class: 1/10th scale 190mm Electric
Wheel base: 254mm +/- 4mm
Track-width front: 190mm /- 6mm
Track-width rear: 190mm /- 6mm
Rear axle: Gear differential V2 w/composite gears
Front axle: Front spool
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- Battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Touring car tires
- 190mm touring car body
- Polycarbonate paint for body